Compaq bulging front and vertical hard drives - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Compaq bulging front and vertical hard drives - Hewlett Packard ; Any ideas how to disassemble a Compaq Presario 7000CA so as to add a second hard drive? This desktop was one of those with a bulging blue-edged front panel (that tips the unit up a couple of degrees at the ...

  1. Compaq bulging front and vertical hard drives

    Any ideas how to disassemble a Compaq Presario
    7000CA so as to add a second hard drive? This
    desktop was one of those with a bulging blue-edged
    front panel (that tips the unit up a couple of degrees
    at the front) with the hard drives fitted vertically just
    behind the front panel. I see a second bay, but I am
    uncertain what to disassemble so as to slide in a
    second HD.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

  2. Re: Compaq bulging front and vertical hard drives

    Go to the following URL:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/p...=94350&lang=en

    Look at the link for adding or replacing a CD drive and use the same
    instructions only use the open 3.5" drive bay.

    HH

    "Don Phillipson" wrote in message
    > Any ideas how to disassemble a Compaq Presario
    > 7000CA so as to add a second hard drive? This
    > desktop was one of those with a bulging blue-edged
    > front panel (that tips the unit up a couple of degrees
    > at the front) with the hard drives fitted vertically just
    > behind the front panel. I see a second bay, but I am
    > uncertain what to disassemble so as to slide in a
    > second HD.
    >
    > --
    > Don Phillipson
    > Carlsbad Springs
    > (Ottawa, Canada)

  3. Re: Compaq bulging front and vertical hard drives

    "HH" wrote in message
    news:ac-dnUvc4s0YFEDVnZ2dnUVZ_qPinZ2d@metrocastcablevision .com...
    > Go to the following URL:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/p...=94350&lang=en

    > Look at the link for adding or replacing a CD drive and use the same
    > instructions only use the open 3.5" drive bay.

    Thanks but I have seen this page -- and did not plan to put the
    HDD into a CD bay because the data cable seemed probably
    not long enough -- but I have not actually measured it yet. Compaq's
    installing two HDD bays suggests they expected some users to fill
    both. I still do not know why they mounted the HDDs vertically instead
    of horizontally. The HP web site offers no clue that I could find.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

  4. Re: Compaq bulging front and vertical hard drives

    Uh, I said to use a 3.5" bay, not a 5.25 CD ROM drive bay.

    >> "Don Phillipson" wrote in message
    >> > Any ideas how to disassemble a Compaq Presario
    >> > 7000CA so as to add a second hard drive? This
    >> > desktop was one of those with a bulging blue-edged
    >> > front panel (that tips the unit up a couple of degrees
    >> > at the front) with the hard drives fitted vertically just
    >> > behind the front panel. I see a second bay, but I am
    >> > uncertain what to disassemble so as to slide in a
    >> > second HD.

    > "HH" wrote in message
    > news:ac-dnUvc4s0YFEDVnZ2dnUVZ_qPinZ2d@metrocastcablevision .com...
    >> Go to the following URL:
    >>

    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/p...=94350&lang=en
    >>
    >> Look at the link for adding or replacing a CD drive and use the same
    >> instructions only use the open 3.5" drive bay.

    > Thanks but I have seen this page -- and did not plan to put the
    > HDD into a CD bay because the data cable seemed probably
    > not long enough -- but I have not actually measured it yet. Compaq's
    > installing two HDD bays suggests they expected some users to fill
    > both. I still do not know why they mounted the HDDs vertically instead
    > of horizontally. The HP web site offers no clue that I could find.
    >
    > --
    > Don Phillipson
    > Carlsbad Springs
    > (Ottawa, Canada)

  5. Re: Compaq bulging front and vertical hard drives

    Don Phillipson wrote:

    >> "Don Phillipson" wrote in message
    >> > Any ideas how to disassemble a Compaq Presario
    >> > 7000CA so as to add a second hard drive? This
    >> > desktop was one of those with a bulging blue-edged
    >> > front panel (that tips the unit up a couple of degrees
    >> > at the front) with the hard drives fitted vertically just
    >> > behind the front panel. I see a second bay, but I am
    >> > uncertain what to disassemble so as to slide in a
    >> > second HD.

    > "HH" wrote in message
    > news:ac-dnUvc4s0YFEDVnZ2dnUVZ_qPinZ2d@metrocastcablevision .com...
    >> Go to the following URL:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/p...=94350&lang=en

    >> Look at the link for adding or replacing a CD drive and use the same
    >> instructions only use the open 3.5" drive bay.

    > Thanks but I have seen this page -- and did not plan to put the
    > HDD into a CD bay because the data cable seemed probably
    > not long enough -- but I have not actually measured it yet. Compaq's
    > installing two HDD bays suggests they expected some users to fill
    > both. I still do not know why they mounted the HDDs vertically instead
    > of horizontally. The HP web site offers no clue that I could find.

    Does this help?
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...&product=94350

  6. Re: Compaq bulging front and vertical hard drives

    "joe" wrote in message news:gbl9ho$d2v$1@aioe.org...

    > Does this help?
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...&product=94350

    Bingo! Thank you so much