----- Original Message ---- of Bob Schlosser

James

I do not believe that t is FPT barking at you but rather MPE itself.
Look at the file name it is trying to save TEST.1.1 and that looks a
lot like filename.group.account. I do not know how to fix this except
to transfer each file separately (get rid of mget) and specify the target
file name as ./TEST.1.1 or what ever you need.

Here is an example (using MPEX) of doing a two-pass process to simulate "mget" with the added ability to (forcefully) store the resulting file in the HFS domain.

If you don't have MPEX, you can use a similar technique for "reading a file" with plain MPE (CI) scripting.

!MPEX
%
%COMMENT --------------------------------------------------------------
%COMMENT Step # 2: retrieve files from remote.ftp.site
%COMMENT --------------------------------------------------------------
%
%echo EXITONERROR >ftpcmds
%echo OPEN remote.ftp.site >>ftpcmds
%echo USER userid password >>ftpcmds
%echo CD some/subdirectory >>ftpcmds
%echo ls * ackfiles.temp >>ftpcmds
%echo EXIT >>ftpcmds
%
%purge ackfiles.temp
%continue
%RUN FTP.ARPA.SYS;stdin=ftpcmds
%
%IF FTPLASTERR = 0 and vefinfo("ackfiles.temp").eof > 0
%
% echo EXITONERROR >ftpcmds
% echo OPEN remote.ftp.site >>ftpcmds
% echo USER userid password >>ftpcmds