OT: John Bonham Remembered - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on OT: John Bonham Remembered - Hewlett Packard ; Brian Donaldson wrote: > Today is the anniversary of the death of Led Zeppelin's drummer John > Bonham in 1980. > > I still consider him to be the Godfather of rock drumming. And John Hurt adds: > Sorry to ...

  1. OT: John Bonham Remembered

    Brian Donaldson wrote:

    > Today is the anniversary of the death of Led Zeppelin's drummer John
    > Bonham in 1980.
    >
    > I still consider him to be the Godfather of rock drumming.

    And John Hurt adds:

    > Sorry to disagree on one point...Ron Bushy - Iron Butterfly

    Then Craig Lalley opines:

    > What, no contest, Neil Peart -=A0 Rush

    To which I reply:

    Two Words: Gene Krupa

    Jim Phillips

  2. OT: John Bonham Remembered

    --- On Fri, 9/26/08, Jim Phillips wrote:

    Two Words: Gene Krupa

    I also thought of an older drummer, Buddy Rich....

    If you want to see Gene Krupa and Buddy Rich* compete...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwJAAlXomVk

    -Craig