Re: 3000 NewsWire site cable cut; use alternate address to read - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: 3000 NewsWire site cable cut; use alternate address to read - Hewlett Packard ; Hi Matthew I quote from our 3k serious 44 "The Virus Lives"!!! We were given an assignment to design a virus... I just wish I had thot of what the guys who succeeded had.... Rich Trapp will remember it as ...

  1. Re: 3000 NewsWire site cable cut; use alternate address to read

    Hi Matthew

    I quote from our 3k serious 44 "The Virus Lives"!!!

    We were given an assignment to design a virus... I just wish I had thot
    of what the guys who succeeded had.... Rich Trapp will remember it as well
    The pulled a true "Cpt Kirk" hehehe

    Now on the serious side... To be honest ... there is ... lots of
    antivirus software that runs on the POSiX side of the 3k

    Now that is where it needs to be because that is where we run things like
    Apache or TomCat or other *nix like based packages that have known
    vulnerabilities that could be exploited or used as the basis of a viral
    package.

    After all... Anybody run DNS on their 3k? Did you patch ??

    Art "trying to find a Landfill for Dad's Junk !!" Bahrs

    Art Bahrs, CISSP
    Arthur@Bahrs.us