Re: 3000 NewsWire site cable cut; use alternate address to read - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: 3000 NewsWire site cable cut; use alternate address to read - Hewlett Packard ; Wait Wait... Ron!!! This is it... You have the chance of a lifetime!!! The Ultimate Disaster Recovery Story... Dig out the Royal... Start banging those keys... Get out he Mimeograph... Copy those archives... Hey... Isn't this why us packrats truly ...

  1. Re: 3000 NewsWire site cable cut; use alternate address to read

    Wait Wait...

    Ron!!!

    This is it... You have the chance of a lifetime!!!

    The Ultimate Disaster Recovery Story... Dig out the Royal... Start
    banging those keys... Get out he Mimeograph... Copy those archives...

    Hey... Isn't this why us packrats truly keep hardcopy floating around...
    To be able to say "see??? It was needed to save the world!"

    Art "Weird humor alert hehehe" Bahrs

    Art Bahrs, CISSP
    Security Engineer
    Providence Health & Services
    Arthur.Bahrs@Providence.org
    Phone: 503-216-2722

    From: "Bartram, Chris (Contractor)"
    To: annie_oneill@hotmail.com; Enriuqematta@msn.com; joes@invan.com;
    kd1182@yahoo.com; KPBartram@aol.com; m_mohney@hotmail.com;
    bartramnc@new-bern.nc.us; bob@c21actionre.com; rseybold@sbcglobal.net;
    kirby@Uii.com; sendmetocabo@yahoo.com
    Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 10:57:48 AM
    Subject: Offline - fiber cut

    Good news/bad news;

    The guys putting up siding on our house cut our fiber optic line so the
    FIOS is down until Verizon can get out there to run a new cable (may be
    as late as Thursday afternoon but we're hoping for earlier).

    In the meantime our home phones, email, and web servers are all offline
    :-(

    (the good news was the siding on the whole house - which should be
    completed by the end of the week)

    -----------------------
    Chris Bartram
    Sr. Systems Engineer
    Lockheed-Martin
    United States Mint
    (202) 354-7324

    DISCLAIMER:

  2. Re: 3000 NewsWire site cable cut; use alternate address to read

    Speaking of which .... that's why I treasure my DTC and remaining dumb
    terminals -- when the malware writers get too far ahead of the anti-malware
    writers, I can swap out PCs for old terminals and have the only functioning
    system in the state

    The guys putting up siding on our house cut our fiber optic line so the
    FIOS is down until Verizon can get out there to run a new cable (may be
    as late as Thursday afternoon but we're hoping for earlier).

    In the meantime our home phones, email, and web servers are all offline
    :-(

    (the good news was the siding on the whole house - which should be
    completed by the end of the week)

    -----------------------
    Chris Bartram
    Sr. Systems Engineer
    Lockheed-Martin
    United States Mint
    (202) 354-7324

    DISCLAIMER:
    This message is intended for the sole use of the addressee, and may contain
    information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under
    applicable law. If you are not the addressee you are hereby notified that you
    may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute to anyone the message or any
    information contained in the message. If you have received this message in
    error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete this
    message.