GCC on the HP50g - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on GCC on the HP50g - Hewlett Packard ; I installed the ARM toolbox on the HP 50g emulator correctly but I'm having difficulties running the ARM compiled code (actually nothing happens when I push the PrRUN button). What am I doing wrong? Daniel....

  1. GCC on the HP50g

    I installed the ARM toolbox on the HP 50g emulator correctly but I'm
    having difficulties running the ARM compiled code (actually nothing
    happens when I push the PrRUN button). What am I doing wrong?

    Daniel.

  2. Re: GCC on the HP50g

    > I installed the ARM toolbox on the HP 50g emulator correctly but I'm
    > having difficulties running the ARM compiled code (actually nothing
    > happens when I push the PrRUN button). What am I doing wrong?

    Does the calculator lock up and you have to pop a battery to get out
    of it? Or does nothing happen? What is the code you are compiling?

    TW

  3. Re: GCC on the HP50g

    On 24 Sep., 02:39, TW wrote:
    > > I installed the ARM toolbox on the HP 50g emulator correctly but I'm
    > > having difficulties running the ARM compiled code (actually nothing
    > > happens when I push the PrRUN button). What am I doing wrong?

    > Does the calculator lock up and you have to pop a battery to get out
    > of it? *Or does nothing happen? *What is the code you are compiling?
    >
    > TW

    did you installed it on the emulator ro on the calculator?
    jm

  4. Re: GCC on the HP50g

    > did you installed it on the emulator ro on the calculator?

    Yup. I missed that one little word and what a difference it makes.
    Thats what you get for posting way past bedtime. . . :-)

    To OP: the emulator doesn't emulator the ARM processor. No HPGCC code
    will run. You'll need to use a real calculator or HPAPINE for
    testing.

    TW

  5. Re: GCC on the HP50g

    I dragged the 'hiworld.hp' (compiled with the HPGCC-2.0-native-win32-
    SP2) onto the HP50g KML Script on Emu48 1.43+. I then hit the PrRUN
    button. Nothing happened...

    To TW: Nothing will actually happen?

    Daniel.

    On Sep 24, 4:52*am, jm wrote:
    > On 24 Sep., 02:39, TW wrote:
    >
    > > > I installed the ARM toolbox on the HP 50g emulator correctly but I'm
    > > > having difficulties running the ARM compiled code (actually nothing
    > > > happens when I push the PrRUN button). What am I doing wrong?

    > > Does the calculator lock up and you have to pop a battery to get out
    > > of it? *Or does nothing happen? *What is the code you are compiling?

    > > TW

    > did you installed it on the emulator ro on the calculator?
    > jm

  6. Re: GCC on the HP50g

    Hello

    > To TW: Nothing will actually happen?

    Nothing will happen as EMU48 does not emulate the ARM chip.

    Either try it on a real machine or use HPAPINE.

    Regards,
    Andreas

+ Reply to Thread