HP Pavilion 513X - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP Pavilion 513X - Hewlett Packard ; I have a Aunt who failed to make a CD/DVD copy of her recovery files(XP). Well her Harddrive is on its way out, it won't boot and the smart drive feature warns of imminent failure. I slaved the drive into ...

  1. HP Pavilion 513X

    I have a Aunt who failed to make a CD/DVD copy of her recovery files(XP).
    Well her Harddrive is on its way out, it won't boot and the smart drive
    feature warns of imminent failure. I slaved the drive into my system and was
    able to save most of her personal stuff including the original harddrive
    partition with the XP CD disk creation stuff......The harddive/PC is
    apparently around a 2002 model and I'm not sure if HP still offers
    replacement disks as I'm yet to find them on their web site, do they
    normally support it out 5-6 years? If so is the cost reasonable?

    Is it possible to use or run the original "replacement disk" partition
    without a working HP WinXP install? Any other solutions? Thanks Rod

  2. Re: HP Pavilion 513X

    HP still fully supports Windows XP and likely has the recovery CD available.
    It was $10 plus postage the last time I checked. Try the HP website for
    info.

    HH

    "Rod & Betty Jo" wrote in message
    news:bISdnfERMvblvETVnZ2dnUVZ_uKdnZ2d@posted.palin acquisition...
    > I have a Aunt who failed to make a CD/DVD copy of her recovery files(XP).
    > Well her Harddrive is on its way out, it won't boot and the smart drive
    > feature warns of imminent failure. I slaved the drive into my system and
    > was able to save most of her personal stuff including the original
    > harddrive partition with the XP CD disk creation stuff......The
    > harddive/PC is apparently around a 2002 model and I'm not sure if HP still
    > offers replacement disks as I'm yet to find them on their web site, do
    > they normally support it out 5-6 years? If so is the cost reasonable?
    >
    > Is it possible to use or run the original "replacement disk" partition
    > without a working HP WinXP install? Any other solutions? Thanks Rod

+ Reply to Thread