Who designed HP 17BII+?... - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Who designed HP 17BII+?... - Hewlett Packard ; Dunno who designed it, but I reckon right now its the best CURRENT financial calculator. I've been evaluating all the ones I could find and it fits the bill. I was able to program MIRR into it rather easily using ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: Who designed HP 17BII+?...

    Dunno who designed it, but I reckon right now its the best CURRENT
    financial calculator. I've been evaluating all the ones I could find
    and it fits the bill. I was able to program MIRR into it rather
    easily using a solution from the 19B manual. The TI has MIRR already,
    but the quality of the actual buttons and stuff is inferior to the HP
    and it doesn't have a solver. There are some known bugs in the
    latest rev of the 17bII+ in terms of the solver, which is
    dissappointing, so hopefully HP will come out with something better in
    the future. If they still made the 19B I would get it. It has a few
    more functions available in the solver which are not in the 17B, such
    as trig and PV, FV, etc. But you can write solvers to do those
    things, but you just have to use lower level functions and its a bit
    more tedious and complicated to figure out.

    If HP would make a new calculator that had solver, financial
    functions(including MIRR for crise sakes), macro programming, trig and
    some additional scientific functions...I would buy it tomorrow for any
    price. But until that time, for real estate investing...the 17bII+ is
    probably the best calculator currently sold. That's my opinion.
    Anyone know of anything else? is there a higher end calculator that
    does everything the 17B does, with all the other stuff as well and not
    too complicated to use?

  2. Re: Who designed HP 17BII+?...

    A.L. schrieb:
    > Whoever designed this calculator, made assumption that trigonometric
    > functions are not needed for business calculations. Therefore, HP
    > 17bII+ doesn't have trigonometric functions. Surprisingly, it has
    > constant "pi".
    >
    > My young cousin who got dead HP 17bII+ as birthday gift asked:
    > "Well... How I will be calculating periodic demand?" I had no answer.
    > We checked HP12. No trig functions. I checked my TI BA II - all trig
    > functions, reverse, hyperbolic and reverse...
    >
    > Or... Maybe I cannot find the menu entry or proper key?...
    >
    > A.L.

    You can calculate the trigs by using the solver. Different formulas are
    given in this article:
    http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiw...s.cgi?read=695

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2