Using Emu48 to Write Hp 50g Programs - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Using Emu48 to Write Hp 50g Programs - Hewlett Packard ; Hello everyone. I want to use emu48 (v1.45+) to write hp 50g programs (system rpl). I want to write the programs in the emulator and use them in the calculator. Are all my system rpl programs going to work (run) ...

  1. Using Emu48 to Write Hp 50g Programs

    Hello everyone. I want to use emu48 (v1.45+) to write hp 50g programs
    (system rpl). I want to write the programs in the emulator and use
    them in the calculator.

    Are all my system rpl programs going to work (run) in the hp 50g if
    they work (run) in the emulator?

    I also need to install the Sdiag directory in the emulator. This
    directory most be in the SD CARD of the hp 50g and i dont have a SD
    CARD in the emulator. How can i do it?

    Is there a program to create a SD CARD for Emu48 (v1.45+)?

    Another problem is with hp 50g skins in emu48. Is there a hp 50g skin
    more appropiate for this task, like the horizontal skin in:
    http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/pc/emulators/horzhp49.zip ?

    Thanks!!!

  2. Re: Using Emu48 to Write Hp 50g Programs

    On 17 sep, 14:04, "Veli-Pekka Nousiainen"
    wrote:
    > no lib works from the SD
    > use Flash instead (unless noted otherwise)
    >
    > wrote in message

    > > Hello everyone. I want to use emu48 (v1.45+) to write hp 50g programs
    > > (system rpl). I want to write the programs in the emulator and use
    > > them in the calculator.

    > > Are all my system rpl programs going to work (run) in the hp 50g if
    > > they work (run) in the emulator?

    > > I also need to install the Sdiag directory in the emulator. This
    > > directory most be in the SD CARD of the hp 50g and i dont have a SD
    > > CARD in the emulator. *How can i do it?

    > > Is there a program to create a SD CARD for Emu48 (v1.45+)?

    > > Another problem is with hp 50g skins in emu48. Is there a hp 50g skin
    > > more appropiate for this task, like the horizontal skin in:
    > >http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/pc/emulators/horzhp49.zip*?

    > > Thanks!!!- Ocultar texto de la cita -

    > - Mostrar texto de la cita -

    Its not a librery, its a DIRECTORY

  3. Re: Using Emu48 to Write Hp 50g Programs

    wrote in message
    > Hello everyone. I want to use emu48 (v1.45+) to write hp 50g programs
    > (system rpl). I want to write the programs in the emulator and use
    > them in the calculator.
    >
    > Are all my system rpl programs going to work (run) in the hp 50g if
    > they work (run) in the emulator?
    >
    > I also need to install the Sdiag directory in the emulator. This
    > directory most be in the SD CARD of the hp 50g and i dont have a SD
    > CARD in the emulator. How can i do it?
    >
    > Is there a program to create a SD CARD for Emu48 (v1.45+)?
    >
    > Another problem is with hp 50g skins in emu48. Is there a hp 50g skin
    > more appropiate for this task, like the horizontal skin in:
    > http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/pc/emulators/horzhp49.zip ?
    >

    > Thanks!!!

  4. Re: Using Emu48 to Write Hp 50g Programs

    wrote:
    > Are all my system rpl programs going to work (run) in the hp 50g if
    > they work (run) in the emulator?

    Yes, they should. Because the emulator has only a subset of the
    functionality of the real calculator (no SD card and no ARM assembly
    support), anything that works in the emulator should work on a calculator
    with the same ROM version. Of course, it's possible you could write
    something that could exploit a bug in the emulator, but Emu48 is pretty well
    tested so that is unlikely to occur.

    > Is there a program to create a SD CARD for Emu48 (v1.45+)?

    No. If the program is small enough to fit in the built-in emulator, you
    might be able to modify it to run from another port, but at present there is
    no SD card support in Emu48.

    Hopefully someone who has researched the SD card support of the 49g+/50g
    (like one of the hpgcc guys, perhaps, or maybe someone from HP) can explain
    their findings so support for a virtual SD card could be added to Emu48.

    > Another problem is with hp 50g skins in emu48. Is there a hp 50g skin
    > more appropiate for this task, like the horizontal skin in:
    > http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/pc/emulators/horzhp49.zip ?

    You can use 49G skins for 49g+/50g emulation with minimal changes. Just
    increase the size of the screen in the bitmap, edit the KML in a few places
    (setting the Model to "Q", the Class to 50 and the Lcd Offset to the new
    position, and adjust the offset of the keys by the same amount if you moved
    them to accommodate the bigger screen), and, if desired, relabel the small
    number of key labels that changed.

    I personally use my own Real 50g skin, which only has a 2x zoom screen, with
    Emu48 for the 50g, but if you prefer something with a 4x zoom screen like
    the above but with a 50g skin like mine, you would have to edit my bitmap to
    rearrange things and fix all the coordinates in the KML.

    Regards,

    Eric Rechlin

  5. Re: Using Emu48 to Write Hp 50g Programs

    On 18 sep, 16:07, "Eric Rechlin" wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Are all my system rpl programs going to work (run) in the hp 50g if
    > > they work (run) in the emulator?

    > Yes, they should. *Because the emulator has only a subset of the
    > functionality of the real calculator (no SD card and no ARM assembly
    > support), anything that works in the emulator should work on a calculator
    > with the same ROM version. *Of course, it's possible you could write
    > something that could exploit a bug in the emulator, but Emu48 is pretty well
    > tested so that is unlikely to occur.
    >
    > > Is there a program to create a SD CARD for Emu48 (v1.45+)?

    > No. *If the program is small enough to fit in the built-in emulator, you
    > might be able to modify it to run from another port, but at present thereis
    > no SD card support in Emu48.
    >
    > Hopefully someone who has researched the SD card support of the 49g+/50g
    > (like one of the hpgcc guys, perhaps, or maybe someone from HP) can explain
    > their findings so support for a virtual SD card could be added to Emu48.
    >
    > > Another problem is with hp 50g skins in emu48. Is there a hp 50g skin
    > > more appropiate for this task, like the horizontal skin in:
    > >http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/pc/emulators/horzhp49.zip*?

    > You can use 49G skins for 49g+/50g emulation with minimal changes. *Just
    > increase the size of the screen in the bitmap, edit the KML in a few places
    > (setting the Model to "Q", the Class to 50 and the Lcd Offset to the new
    > position, and adjust the offset of the keys by the same amount if you moved
    > them to accommodate the bigger screen), and, if desired, relabel the small
    > number of key labels that changed.
    >
    > I personally use my own Real 50g skin, which only has a 2x zoom screen, with
    > Emu48 for the 50g, but if you prefer something with a 4x zoom screen like
    > the above but with a 50g skin like mine, you would have to edit my bitmapto
    > rearrange things and fix all the coordinates in the KML.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Eric Rechlin

    Thank you very much for your help. I all ready finish my Emu48 skin to
    emulate hp 50g (Horizontal50g). I uploaded it to hpcalc.org.

    Now i will start to work on hp 50g version of my graphic editor
    CAD49:
    http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/graphics/editors/cad49.zip

    In this software you can take small objects from a menu (for example:
    chairs, tables, beds... ) and combine them to create a big drawing
    (for example: a house)

    What i really want is to use this graphic engine to create diferent
    kind of simulations. The user will can asigne some properties to the
    difentes elements to interact each other. It can be usefull for
    example in a electronic circuit simulator, in structural desigh or to
    create games or animations.

    But maybe its going to take me some time

+ Reply to Thread