Which way does the fan go on my hp pavillion? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Which way does the fan go on my hp pavillion? - Hewlett Packard ; Please excuse that I'm away from the machine and don't have the model number, but... I opened the machine recently and saw a small black fan simply hanging down. The pc later over-heated, so I figured it must have come ...

  1. Which way does the fan go on my hp pavillion?

    Please excuse that I'm away from the machine and don't have the model
    number, but...

    I opened the machine recently and saw a small black fan simply hanging
    down. The pc later over-heated, so I figured it must have come loose
    when I opened it.

    The fan seems to snap on to the heat sink, but in a position where it
    blows onto the heat sink rather than away. Is this correct? (I
    didn't see another way to position it).

  2. Re: Which way does the fan go on my hp pavillion?

    "cowznofsky" wrote in message
    > Please excuse that I'm away from the machine and don't have the model
    > number, but...
    >
    > I opened the machine recently and saw a small black fan simply hanging
    > down. The pc later over-heated, so I figured it must have come loose
    > when I opened it.
    >
    > The fan seems to snap on to the heat sink, but in a position where it
    > blows onto the heat sink rather than away. Is this correct? (I
    > didn't see another way to position it).

    You're more likely to get a useful answer if you mention which model
    of HP Pavilion you have.

  3. Re: Which way does the fan go on my hp pavillion?

    cowznofsky wrote in news:2a85f20a-5af0-48e4-91ea-
    06b68d962d98@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

    > The fan seems to snap on to the heat sink, but in a position where it
    > blows onto the heat sink rather than away. Is this correct? (I
    > didn't see another way to position it).

    Every CPU fan that I have ever seen always blows down onto the heatsink
    (excluding vertical mounted fan/heatsinks of course).

    If it is a hot day, and you want to cool off, would you rather stand in
    front of a fan or behind it?

+ Reply to Thread