    ----- Original Message ----
    From: Brett Forsyth

    [...]Please note that putting an RTU on a used system is not the responsibility of
    the reseller, but the buyer, however according to Joan @ HP SLT, they now
    are requiring the reseller to do this since the end users were not following
    through properly.

    ....another mid stream policy change that helps no one but Client Systems...

    Well, here is one man's opinion - it will be a cold day in hell before I sell a
    system to Client Systems for 3K, so that they can screw someone else for
    80K+ on the resale. I'll drive a forklift over them first....

    So, help me find a need for these machines - lease time, rental units, parts
    machines, DR boxes - you call it, I'll supply it.

  2. Re: An e3000 currently has zero resale value

    That sounds good on the surface. However, MPE is the platform on which
    the applications are developed.

    All in all, the cost of iron is generally a fraction of the cost of the
    applications and the hours of development spent getting it tuned to a
    given environment.

    jack