An e3000 currently has zero resale value - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on An e3000 currently has zero resale value - Hewlett Packard ; Well it is official - the e3000 has obsolutely no resale value. I have a few of these units up for sale on ebay, here, and a few other places - e3000/N4000 380x2 and e3000/N4000 750x4 machines - and I ...

  1. An e3000 currently has zero resale value

    Well it is official - the e3000 has obsolutely no resale value.

    I have a few of these units up for sale on ebay, here, and a few other places -
    e3000/N4000 380x2 and e3000/N4000 750x4 machines - and I can't even get
    a reasonable offer.

    20K for a 750x4 / 10K for a 380x2 and accepting offers - these aren't
    unreasonable prices - and this is just for the hardware, no license included.

    One would think that at these prices, the cost of the RTU would be the only
    factor - 20K for hardware / 80K for the OS - experienced HP3000 users should
    be used to that ratio - I am - it is the way it has always been.

    If the hardware is at give away prices, and the market states there is still a
    demand for e3000s, then the RTU pricing must be killing the market - right?

    FYI - Client Systems offered 1.5K and 3K respectively for the above systems.

    Food for thought... if HP offers an RTU package, is there really any suchthing
    as an "illegal" system, or just a system that has not been RTU'ed yet?

    Second thought - since the RTU is the end users responsibility, not the sellers
    (as per HP RTU policy), then why all the hoopla over "unlicensed systems"
    being sold? Unlicensed and illegal are two different things since the RTU has
    come into play. In fact, with the RTU policy in place, is there really any such
    thing as an illegal system from a resale standpoint?

    Please note that putting an RTU on a used system is not the responsibility of
    the reseller, but the buyer, however according to Joan @ HP SLT, they now
    are requiring the reseller to do this since the end users were not following
    through properly.

    ....another mid stream policy change that helps no one but Client Systems....

    Well, here is one man's opinion - it will be a cold day in hell before I sell a
    system to Client Systems for 3K, so that they can screw someone else for
    80K+ on the resale. I'll drive a forklift over them first....

    So, help me find a need for these machines - lease time, rental units, parts
    machines, DR boxes - you call it, I'll supply it.

    Brett Forsyth
    CTS Arizona
    602.315.6018

  2. Re: An e3000 currently has zero resale value

    So, if you don't have an RTU, will the HP license police haul it away?

    Tracy Johnson
    Measurement Specialties Inc.
    BT

    NNNN