KBH Survey Program - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on KBH Survey Program - Hewlett Packard ; Someone asked for a land survey program for the 11c. After suggesting how it could be done I just went on and wrote it. However, all I could do was write it on an HP32s. The survey program for the ...

  1. KBH Survey Program

    Someone asked for a land survey program for the 11c. After suggesting how it
    could be done I just went on and wrote it. However, all I could do was write
    it on an HP32s.

    The survey program for the HP32s was a three-label program. Now the HP32s no
    longer works so now I have a seven-label survey program of the HP35s.

    Here is the KBH land survey program for the HP35s :

    LBL A
    0
    STO N
    STO E
    INPUT N
    STO Y
    INPUT E
    STO X
    VIEW E
    STOP

    LBL B
    0
    STO A
    STO D
    INPUT A
    INPUT D
    RCL A
    COS
    RCL D
    RCL N
    +
    STO N
    RCL A
    SIN
    RCL D
    RCL E
    +
    STO E
    VIEW N
    VIEW E
    GTO B001

    LBL C
    INPUT Y
    STO T
    RCL N
    -
    x = 0 ?
    0.000000000001
    STO Y
    INPUT X
    STO U
    RCL E
    -
    STO X
    x >= 0 ?
    SF 1
    RCL Y
    / (division)
    ATAN
    STO A
    x < 0 ?
    GTO D001
    GTO F001
    RCL X
    x^2
    RCL Y
    x^2
    +
    x^(1/2)
    STO D
    RCL T
    STO N
    RCL U
    STO E
    0
    STO Y
    STO X
    CF 1
    VIEW A
    VIEW D
    GTO C001

    LBL D
    FS? 1
    GTO E001
    360
    +
    STO A
    GTO C023
    STOP

    LBL E
    180
    RCL A
    +
    STO A
    GTO C023
    STOP

    LBL F
    FS? 1
    GTO C023
    GTO G001
    STOP

    LBL G
    180
    RCL A
    +
    STO A
    GTO C023
    STOP

    XEQ A (Label A) takes the starting coordinates for either Label B or for
    Label C.

    XEQ B (Label B) takes azimuth and distance input and outputs N and E
    coordinates. To continue forwarding around a boundary just hit R/S for the
    second output and then hit R/S again to loop back to the start of Label B.
    (After a complete loop XEQ C will compute an error of closure leg just by
    accepting default values for input.)

    XEQ C (Label C) takes the forward N and E coordinates as Y and X input and
    outputs azimuth and distance. To continue inversing around a boundary just
    hit R/S for the second output and then hit R/S again to loop back to the
    start of Label C.

    Of course Labels A, B, and C are begun with the XEQ key and then stepping
    through the program is done with the R/S key. Labels D, E, F, and G are subs
    used only by the program.

  2. Re: KBH Survey Program

> [...]
    >
    > XEQ A (Label A) takes the starting coordinates for either Label B or for
    > Label C.
    >
    > XEQ B (Label B) takes azimuth and distance input and outputs N and E
    > coordinates. To continue forwarding around a boundary just hit R/S for the
    > second output and then hit R/S again to loop back to the start of Label B.
    > (After a complete loop XEQ C will compute an error of closure leg just by
    > accepting default values for input.)
    >
    > XEQ C (Label C) takes the forward N and E coordinates as Y and X input and
    > outputs azimuth and distance. To continue inversing around a boundary just
    > hit R/S for the second output and then hit R/S again to loop back to the
    > start of Label C.
    >
    > Of course Labels A, B, and C are begun with the XEQ key and then stepping
    > through the program is done with the R/S key. Labels D, E, F, and G are

    Example 1:

    XEQ A and input N and E coordinates of 100 and 100. XEQ B and input an
    azimuth of 45 and a distance of 141.42 for a N and E output of 199.9990 and
    199.9990 . Continue Label B with an azimuth input of 135 and a distance
    input of 141.42 for a N and E output of 100.0000 and 299.9981 . Continue
    Label B again with an azimuth input of 225 and a distance input of 141.42
    for a N and E output of 0.0010 and 199.9990 . Finally continue again with
    Label B with an azimuth input of 315 and a distance of 141.42 for a N and E
    output of 100.0000 and 100.0000 . Now XEQ Label C, accept the default inputs
    of 100.0000 and 100.0000, and get an azimuth output of 0.0000 and a distance
    output of 1.0 E-14 and that as an error of closure leg.

    Example 2:

    XEQ A and input N and E coordinates of 100 and 100. XEQ C and input N and E
    coordinates of 200 and 200 for an azimuth output of 45.0000 and a distance
    output of 141.4214 .Continue with Label C and input N and E coordinates of
    100 and 300 for an azimuth output of 135.0000 and a distance output of
    141.4214 . Continue again with Label C and input N and E coordinates of 0
    and 200 for an azimuth output of 225 and a distance output of 141.4214.
    Finally continue with Label C again with a N and E coordinate input of 100
    and 100 for an azimuth output of 315.0000 and a distance output of 141.4214
    ..

    Of course in both examples input is with the R/S key when prompted...

  3. Re: KBH Survey Program

> [...]

    > 0.0000 and a distance output of 1.0 E-14 and that as an error of closure
    > leg.
    >
    > Example 2:
    >
    > XEQ A and input N and E coordinates of 100 and 100. XEQ C and input N and
    > E coordinates of 200 and 200 for an azimuth output of 45.0000 and a
    > distance output of 141.4214 .Continue with Label C and input N and E
    > coordinates of 100 and 300 for an azimuth output of 135.0000 and a
    > distance output of 141.4214 . Continue again with Label C and input N and
    > E coordinates of 0 and 200 for an azimuth output of 225 and a distance
    > output of 141.4214. Finally continue with Label C again with a N and E
    > coordinate input of 100 and 100 for an azimuth output of 315.0000 and a
    > distance output of 141.4214 .
    >
    > Of course in both examples input is with the R/S key when prompted...

  4. Re: KBH Survey Program

    Now it's a six-label program with Label G not needed and with Label F now
    calling Label E. Also there's one keystroke taken out of Label E...

> [...]

    > 0.0000 and a distance output of 1.0 E-14 and that as an error of closure
    > leg.
    >
    > Example 2:
    >
    > XEQ A and input N and E coordinates of 100 and 100. XEQ C and input N and
    > E coordinates of 200 and 200 for an azimuth output of 45.0000 and a
    > distance output of 141.4214 .Continue with Label C and input N and E
    > coordinates of 100 and 300 for an azimuth output of 135.0000 and a
    > distance output of 141.4214 . Continue again with Label C and input N and
    > E coordinates of 0 and 200 for an azimuth output of 225 and a distance
    > output of 141.4214. Finally continue with Label C again with a N and E
    > coordinate input of 100 and 100 for an azimuth output of 315.0000 and a
    > distance output of 141.4214 .
    >
    > Of course in both examples input is with the R/S key when prompted...

+ Reply to Thread