OT: Obama Running Mate - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on OT: Obama Running Mate - Hewlett Packard ; What a let-down... He said he was going to pick someone who would challenge his ideas. I was expecting David Duke... * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html *...

  1. OT: Obama Running Mate

    What a let-down... He said he was going to pick someone who would
    challenge his ideas. I was expecting David Duke...

  2. OT: Obama Running Mate

    --- On Mon, 8/25/08, Brice Yokem wrote:

    > What a let-down... He said he was going to pick someone who
    > would challenge his ideas. I was expecting David Duke...

    **************************************

    Well, there is change you can believe in!

    Mr. Bidden was in Washington at least a decade before John McCain.

    Obama probably needed someone to explain to him how corruption works.

    -Craig

  3. Re: OT: Obama Running Mate

    I was thinking Obama wanted an insider, so he could leverage the
    relationships already forged by those long term politicians up on the
    hill, but Craig's explanation just gets right down to the point.

    8-)

    > What a let-down... He said he was going to pick someone who
    > would challenge his ideas. I was expecting David Duke...

    **************************************

    Well, there is change you can believe in!

    Mr. Bidden was in Washington at least a decade before John McCain.

    Obama probably needed someone to explain to him how corruption works.

    -Craig

  4. OT: Obama Running Mate

    Craig Lalley wrote:

    **************************************

    Well, there is change you can believe in!

    Mr. Bidden was in Washington at least a decade before John McCain.

    Obama probably needed someone to explain to him how corruption works.

    -Craig

    Now now.....you forget Obama is from Chicago, he knows everything there
    is to know about how corruption works.

  5. OT: Obama Running Mate

    --- On Mon, 8/25/08, Johnson, Ted wrote:

    > Now now.....you forget Obama is from Chicago, he knows
    > everything there is to know about how corruption works.

    ***************************************

    An excellent point. :-) I am from Chicago too.

    Chicago is a wonderful place, remember Mayor Washington... the guy forgets to pay his taxes for 20 years, his excuse? April 15th is his birthday, so they elect him to Mayor.

    Mel Reynolds, is charged with a sexual offense to a minor and gets re-elected. He refused to resign, but was forced.

    All in all though, Daley's machine succeeded because it worked. Seriously, if a street light was out, call your ward chairman. Pot holes taken care of with one call.

    I remember when the teachers went on strike, the late Mayor Daley was called into mediate. The teachers wanted a 7% pay raise. Daley met for 2 hours and walked out, the teachers got a 14% pay raise, the strike was over.

    Of course there were problems too, does anyone remember the 1st McCormick place? (It burned to the ground...)

    -Craig

  6. Re: OT: Obama Running Mate

    Craig,
    The pair of Obama and Biden certainly should be a fast book writing duo.
    Wasn't Biden caught plagiarizing speeches in pervious Presidential
    races? He was even caught plagiarizing papers back in law school?
    Obama could come up with the title and Biden could fill in the book.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    At 10:40 AM 8/25/2008, Johnson, Ted wrote:

    >Craig Lalley wrote:
    >
    >**************************************
    >
    >Well, there is change you can believe in!
    >
    >Mr. Bidden was in Washington at least a decade before John McCain.
    >
    >Obama probably needed someone to explain to him how corruption works.
    >
    >-Craig
    >

    >Now now.....you forget Obama is from Chicago, he knows everything there
    >is to know about how corruption works.

    Jeff Kubler
    Kubler Consulting, Inc.
    541-745-7457