Computer does not boot - Memory Refresh Failure or ??? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Computer does not boot - Memory Refresh Failure or ??? - Hewlett Packard ; Computer does not boot (HP/Compaq D220 MT/ Windows XP SP2) Disconnected everything except mouse, keyboard, and monitor Computer cycles: HP logo, Windows XP logo, shuts down, HP logo, etc. AMIBIOS v.1.09, released 11/14/2003 One beep: AMIBIOS says it is ...

  1. Computer does not boot - Memory Refresh Failure or ???

    Computer does not boot (HP/Compaq D220 MT/ Windows XP SP2)
    Disconnected everything except mouse, keyboard, and monitor
    Computer cycles: HP logo, Windows XP logo, shuts down, HP logo, etc.
    AMIBIOS v.1.09, released 11/14/2003
    One beep: AMIBIOS says it is a Memory Refresh Failure
    Motherboard: 335186-001
    - Purchased a new RAM module from Crucial
    Original was 256 MB, new is 512 MB, BIOS recognizes either and
    both
    - Cannot boot from diskette
    - Tested with two different sets of keyboard/mouse/monitor
    - I have reset the BIOS
    - RTC is OK
    - BIOS Utility does not offer any diagnostic
    - I have cleaned up the memory slots with air and a brush

    How can I further diagnose the problem?
    Suggestions welcome...

    THANKS!

    Franou

  2. Re: Computer does not boot - Memory Refresh Failure or ???

    Francoise Frigola wrote in news:ced75620-cfe6-
    4245-9966-d77a5efac956@v26g2000prm.googlegroups.com:

    > - Cannot boot from diskette

    Are you saying that you tried to boot from dikette and it failed? Or that
    you just don't have a floppy on that PC?

  3. Re: Computer does not boot - Memory Refresh Failure or ???

    > > - Cannot boot from diskette

    > Are you saying that you tried to boot from dikette and it failed? Or that
    > you just don't have a floppy on that PC?

    It fails!

    It find the diskette, but just reboots again.

    Franou

  4. Re: Computer does not boot - Memory Refresh Failure or ???

    PS: I even made a new Bootup diskette in case the one I had was not
    good.

    > > > - Cannot boot from diskette

    > > Are you saying that you tried to boot from dikette and it failed? Or that
    > > you just don't have a floppy on that PC?

    > It fails!
    >
    > It find the diskette, but just reboots again.
    >
    > Franou

+ Reply to Thread