What is happening on hpcalc? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on What is happening on hpcalc? - Hewlett Packard ; Hello, Could anybody explain what is happening on hpcalc? Thank beforhand....

  1. What is happening on hpcalc?

    Hello,

    Could anybody explain what is happening on hpcalc?

    Thank beforhand.

  2. Re: What is happening on hpcalc?

    On Aug 22, 12:33*am, dea...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Could anybody explain what is happening on hpcalc?

    A good question. For a week now there's been a daily flood of HP48
    programs being installed. I'm still waiting to see my HP49/50
    uploads updated.

    Bill

  3. Re: What is happening on hpcalc?

    > I'm still waiting to see my HP49/50 uploads updated.

    Well there are so many new software being added,
    it's only fair to wait a bit for Eric to go through the entire updated
    list.

  4. Re: What is happening on hpcalc?

    On Aug 23, 8:52*am, Yann wrote:
    > > I'm still waiting to see my HP49/50 uploads updated.

    > it's only fair to wait a bit

    Given that hpcalc is the best-planned archive I've ever seen (and
    free!), I'm willing to wait as long as necessary. But it does seem
    odd about those masses of HP48 programs. Did some HP48 owner just
    down a case of Red Bull and start programming? :-)

    Bill

  5. Re: What is happening on hpcalc?

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 08:44:55 -0500:

    > Given that hpcalc is the best-planned archive I've ever seen (and
    > free!), I'm willing to wait as long as necessary. But it does seem
    > odd about those masses of HP48 programs. Did some HP48 owner just
    > down a case of Red Bull and start programming? :-)

    Maybe he's found the "Dead Sea scrolls" of the HP48,
    and is too busy to be drawn out for an interview about it

    http://www.ibiblio.org/expo/deadsea....bit/intro.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Sea_Scrolls

    [r->] [OFF]

  6. Re: What is happening on hpcalc?

    It appears that many of the old programs from the Goodies Disks are being
    migrated to individual entries on hpcalc.

    Perhaps they're the best-of-the-best, the all-stars as it were.

    Probably very few folks these days know of, or look into, the old Goodies
    Disk archives. There's a lot of GOOD stuff in them, if one digs.

    Mr. Joseph K. Horn (JKH) did a marvelous job of compiling and explaining, to
    the extent possible, all of that old work. Heck, I've still got the original
    3.5 inch disks ordered from Educalc (what were they, $5 ?).

    Just for an example, examine the two programs recently listed: SORTLN and
    SORTLS for sorting numbers and strings. Excellent programs that IIRC
    pre-dated any SORT function on the 48G series and even now can (sometimes)
    out-perform the general SORT on the 49/50 series. Plus, there's an
    opportunity to learn some SysRpl.

    Maybe Eric figures it's time to promote this older stuff, maybe there's
    additional server space or bandwidth - who knows?

    CR

  7. Re: What is happening on hpcalc?

    I did a double-take when I saw the following new entry:

    PROOT
    Super-fast polynomial roots finder.
    By Bill Wickes.

    I thought for a moment that the legend had returned, but alas, the
    file dates were from 1992. I take it this is what eventually became
    the built-in PROOT?

    -wes

  8. Re: What is happening on hpcalc?

    On Aug 22, 12:33*am, dea...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Could anybody explain what is happening on hpcalc?
    >
    > Thank beforhand.

    Maybe he's just having a case of backup plan mishap.

  9. Re: What is happening on hpcalc?

    Toby wrote:
    > DeacHP wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > Could anybody explain what is happening on hpcalc?
    > >
    > > Thank beforhand.

    > Maybe he's just having a case of backup plan mishap.

    I don't know what a "backup plan mishap" is, but I don't think that is the
    case. I think the sole addition made yesterday explains it.

    Regards,

    Eric Rechlin

  10. Re: What is happening on hpcalc?

    Hello Eric,

    did you get my last 2 mails or where they filtered as spam again ?

    Best wishes,
    Andreas

  11. Re: What is happening on hpcalc?

    Andreas Möller wrote:
    > did you get my last 2 mails or where they filtered as spam again ?

    Google fixed their spam filter around Thursday or so, so I am no longer
    having that problem.

    Considering you sent your first email less than 24 hours ago, and your
    second email just a few hours ago (which I just saw now), you haven't given
    me a lot of time to respond. You wrote a lot, with a lot of things to
    respond to, so it will take me some time...

    Regards,

    Eric Rechlin

  12. Re: What is happening on hpcalc?

    Hello Eric,

    thanks for the answer.
    Did not mean to rush you, just wanted to make sure that the message
    did not get lost ;-)

    Best wishes,
    Andreas

  13. Re: What is happening on hpcalc?

    On Aug 24, 12:15*pm, "Eric Rechlin" wrote:
    > Toby wrote:
    > > DeacHP wrote:
    > > > Hello,

    > > > Could anybody explain what is happening on hpcalc?

    > > > Thank beforhand.

    > > Maybe he's just having a case of backup plan mishap.

    > I don't know what a "backup plan mishap" is, but I don't think that is the
    > case. *I think the sole addition made yesterday explains it.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Eric Rechlin

    It basically means that a detail was missed, and the data suffered.
    I've had a few of those myself. I'm glad that is no the case...

+ Reply to Thread