Telamon FTP site--down? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Telamon FTP site--down? - Hewlett Packard ; Hi Folks, It doth appear that ftp.telamon.com is no more. I have been out-of-touch.. Can someone please enlighten me as to what happened? Additionally, I have a copy of their MAILNM free email client--most excellent program which we use throughout ...

  1. Telamon FTP site--down?

    Hi Folks,
    It doth appear that ftp.telamon.com is no more. I have been out-of-touch..
    Can someone please enlighten me as to what happened? Additionally, I have
    a copy of their MAILNM free email client--most excellent program which we
    use throughout our hundreds of job streams--is it legally OK to distribute it if
    it's no longer available over the public Internet? Thx, folks, as always!
    Eben
    Health Plan of San Mateo

  2. Re: Telamon FTP site--down?

    ok...let me try to summarize what I've been told about this...

    telamon was sold to another company several years ago. that company was
    sold to a third company which has been sold to a fourth company. while the
    fourth company is in posession of the server that hosted the ftp site, there
    are serious doubts that it will ever resurface :-(

    since the telamon executables have been freely available for quite some
    time, there's no apparent reason why they can't still be shared.

    I'm working with randy (the maintainer of this code) to get the archives
    moved to another server so that we all can continue to benefit from these
    (way) excellent tools.

    - d

    ---
    Donna Hofmeister