Re: OT: McCain Running Mate - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: OT: McCain Running Mate - Hewlett Packard ; 1) There is not as much difference between McCain and Lieberman as between Obama and Buchannan. 2) Lieberman is supposed to be on the short list of McCain's running mates. 3) After John Kerry tried to poach McCain as his ...

  1. Re: OT: McCain Running Mate

    1) There is not as much difference between McCain and Lieberman
    as between Obama and Buchannan.
    2) Lieberman is supposed to be on the short list of McCain's running
    mates.
    3) After John Kerry tried to poach McCain as his running mate, it is
    ironically fitting that McCain try to 'Poach' the outcast, Lieberman.

    I think if he did chose Joe L. it would practically guarantee him the
    election.

    The major concern I have is that the Muslim extremists would then
    start making noise about the amount of Jewish influence in the
    US Government which would be credible on the surface.

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:38:38 -0400, Patrick Santucci
    wrote:

    >John McCain choosing Joe Lieberman as his running mate is about as likely as

    Barack Obama choosing Pat Buchanan for his.

    >Actually, now that I think about it... Unlike a

    McCain/Lieberman ticket, which would just be "more of the same," I think
    Buchanan would balance the Obama ticket nicely. ;-)

    >Patrick Santucci
    >
    >Oracle Database Administrator
    >HP-UX Systems Admin
    >Change Control Manager
    >Cornerstone Brands, Inc. (CBI)

  2. OT: McCain Running Mate

    --- On Thu, 8/21/08, Brice Yokem wrote:
    I think if he did chose Joe L. it would practically guarantee him the
    election.

    **************************
    I do not think there is anything McCain could do that would guarantee him the election.* And Lieberman would be the same old, same old.

    Now there are rumors that Sarah Palin (Alaskan Governor) is on the short list.

    Now that would be a refreshing outsider that has already proven her integrity.

    -Craig

  3. Batteries on HP-PB Expansion Cabinets

    >To all;

    HP-PB Expansion cabinets have batteries. I would imagine that these
    are there to keep power to the unit during a power outage.
    Are they there to help insure that data gets posted where it should
    go during a system outage?? How long are they intended to keep the unit up?
    In a data center with a centralized power UPS are they required?
    Thanks,
    Jeff

    Jeff Kubler
    Kubler Consulting, Inc.
    541-745-7457
    jeff@kublerconsulting.com
    www.kublerconsulting.com

  4. Re: Batteries on HP-PB Expansion Cabinets

    I think they are only there to allow posting before the units die within
    a minute of power loss. Those batteries are so flippin' small they
    couldn't power a 100 watt bulb for more than 5 minutes. Mod 20's (made
    during the same time frame) keep the discs alive for only a minute also.

    Tracy Johnson
    Measurement Specialties Inc.
    BT

    NNNN

  5. Re: Batteries on HP-PB Expansion Cabinets

    The batteries serve to turn off the battery light.
    If the light is on programmers blame their errors on the battery light.

    Bob J. -- Ideal Computer Services
    http://www.icsgroup.net