Ports - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Ports - Hewlett Packard ; How could I find what ports are listening on hp3000. Regards Reginald Monroe Systems Engineering Mercury Insurance - Information Technology (714) 671-6753 rmonroe@mercuryinsurance.com This email and/or any files or attachments transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the ...

  1. Ports

    How could I find what ports are listening on hp3000.

    Regards

    Reginald Monroe
    Systems Engineering
    Mercury Insurance - Information Technology
    (714) 671-6753
    rmonroe@mercuryinsurance.com

    This email and/or any files or attachments transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and/or any files or attachments transmitted with it is strictly forbidden. If you have received this email in error, please delete the e-mail and/or any files or attachments, and also notify the system manager (PostMaster@mercuryinsurance.com) of the error. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email and/or any files or attachments transmitted with it.

  2. Re: Ports

    Reggie,

    You might want to check out this article:

    http://www.3000newswire.com/FN-InternetIn5-9903.html

    But a quick answer is that you could print out the following file:

    SERVICES.NET.SYS

    And you would see something like this:

    # This file contains the information about the services provided.
    # Copy this file to SERVICES.NET.SYS if that file does not already
    exist.
    #
    # The form for each entry is:
    #
    #
    # See the Configuring and Managing MPE/iX Internet Services Manual
    # for more information (HP Part No. 32650-90835).
    #
    # Note: The entries cannot be preceded by a blank space.
    #
    echo 7/tcp # Echo
    echo 7/udp #
    discard 9/tcp sink null # Discard
    discard 9/udp sink null #
    daytime 13/tcp # Daytime
    daytime 13/udp #
    chargen 19/tcp ttytst source # Character Generator
    chargen 19/udp ttytst source #
    ftp 21/tcp
    telnet 23/tcp
    time 37/tcp timeserver # Time
    time 37/udp timeserver #
    domain 53/tcp nameserver # Domain Name Service
    domain 53/udp nameserver #
    bootps 67/udp # Bootstrap Protocol Server
    bootpc 68/udp # Bootstrap Protocol Client
    tftp 69/udp # Trivial File Transfer Protocol
    DAServer 987/tcp # SQL distributed access
    # nmbp 137/udp # Samba
    # smbp 139/tcp # Samba
    shell 514/tcp cmd # remsh
    diagmond 1508/tcp # Support Tools Manager (STM/iX)
    psmond 1788/tcp # Predictive to STM diags
    smtp 25/tcp # Sendmail
    syslog 514/udp # Syslog
    klogin 543/tcp # Kerberos rlogin -kfall
    kshell 544/tcp krcmd # Kerberos remote shell -kfall
    ekshell 545/tcp krcmd # Kerberos encrypted remote shell
    kerberos 5750/udp kdc # Kerberos (server) udp -kfall
    kerberos 5750/tcp kdc # Kerberos (server) tcp -kfall
    krbupdate 760/tcp kreg # Kerberos registration -kfall
    kpasswd 761/tcp kpwd # Kerberos "passwd" -kfall
    eklogin 2105/tcp # Kerberos encrypted rlogin -kfall
    ntp 123/udp
    kerberos5 88/udp kdc
    gns 3000/tcp

    --
    Jim Alexander Longs Drug Stores
    Sr. Systems Programmer 925-210-6901

[...]

  3. Re: Ports

    Jim Alexander wrote:
    > Reggie,
    >
    > You might want to check out this article:
    >
    > http://www.3000newswire.com/FN-InternetIn5-9903.html
    >
    > But a quick answer is that you could print out the following file:
    >
    > SERVICES.NET.SYS
    >
    > And you would see something like this:
    >
    > # This file contains the information about the services provided.
    > # Copy this file to SERVICES.NET.SYS if that file does not already
    > exist.
    > #
    > # The form for each entry is:
    > #
    > #
    > # See the Configuring and Managing MPE/iX Internet Services Manual
    > # for more information (HP Part No. 32650-90835).
    > #
    > # Note: The entries cannot be preceded by a blank space.
    > #
    > echo 7/tcp # Echo
    > echo 7/udp #
    > discard 9/tcp sink null # Discard
    > discard 9/udp sink null #
    > daytime 13/tcp # Daytime
    > daytime 13/udp #
    > chargen 19/tcp ttytst source # Character Generator
    > chargen 19/udp ttytst source #
    > ftp 21/tcp
    > telnet 23/tcp
    > time 37/tcp timeserver # Time
    > time 37/udp timeserver #
    > domain 53/tcp nameserver # Domain Name Service
    > domain 53/udp nameserver #
    > bootps 67/udp # Bootstrap Protocol Server
    > bootpc 68/udp # Bootstrap Protocol Client
    > tftp 69/udp # Trivial File Transfer Protocol
    > DAServer 987/tcp # SQL distributed access
    > # nmbp 137/udp # Samba
    > # smbp 139/tcp # Samba
    > shell 514/tcp cmd # remsh
    > diagmond 1508/tcp # Support Tools Manager (STM/iX)
    > psmond 1788/tcp # Predictive to STM diags
    > smtp 25/tcp # Sendmail
    > syslog 514/udp # Syslog
    > klogin 543/tcp # Kerberos rlogin -kfall
    > kshell 544/tcp krcmd # Kerberos remote shell -kfall
    > ekshell 545/tcp krcmd # Kerberos encrypted remote shell
    > kerberos 5750/udp kdc # Kerberos (server) udp -kfall
    > kerberos 5750/tcp kdc # Kerberos (server) tcp -kfall
    > krbupdate 760/tcp kreg # Kerberos registration -kfall
    > kpasswd 761/tcp kpwd # Kerberos "passwd" -kfall
    > eklogin 2105/tcp # Kerberos encrypted rlogin -kfall
    > ntp 123/udp
    > kerberos5 88/udp kdc
    > gns 3000/tcp
    >

    > --
    > Jim Alexander Longs Drug Stores
    > Sr. Systems Programmer 925-210-6901
    > The opinions expressed are Mine and not Longs Drugs

    Jim,

    The services file does not always reflect the real situation.

    The inetd file can be configured without the configuration of the
    services file.

    I do not know if nmap has been ported to MPE/iX, to long out of the
    MPE/iX system administration.

    I would run nmap on a Linux box and check the ip-addresses of the MPE/iX
    server for TCP and UDP ports.

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra

  4. Re: Ports

    Well, the original question was about listening ports.

    Reggie Monroe wrote:
    > How could I find what ports are listening on hp3000.

    sockinfo with option C shows "call" or listening ports/sockets.
    Those waiting for an incoming connection.

    showconn, as James points out, shows a nice list of connected ports.

    sockinfo with the G option, shows processes that have or had
    sockets open. But you must select the process (P command) to see
    the sockets for that process.

    No nice list of all sockets in use.

    Example, my DSDAD process (started with NSCONTROL START; no job or
    session with it) looks like this after specifying my pin 41.

    PROCESS DISPLAY Pin=41 Lsi=$180.000003a0 Dest=0 ($.00000000) 3:52 pm
    < (system process) / dsdad.net.sys >

    Desc Type Prot Addr Num out Num in IO Flags
    10* call tcp 5760 0 0 i ns,iw,no,ni,pr
    11* call tcp 1570.arpavt 0 0 i ns,iw,no,ni,pr
    12* call tcp 7490 0 0 i ns,iw,no,ni,pr
    13* call tcp 7489.iasql 0 0 i ns,iw,no,ni,pr
    15* call tcp 2564.nstat 0 0 i ns,iw,no,ni,pr
    16* call tcp 5710.hcs 0 0 i ns,iw,no,ni,pr
    17* call tcp 5696.pds 0 0 i ns,iw,no,ni,pr
    18* call tcp 1260.nloop 0 0 i ns,iw,no,ni,pr
    20* call tcp 1542.rpm 0 0 i ns,iw,no,ni,pr
    22* call tcp 1540.ptop 0 0 i ns,iw,no,ni,pr
    24* call tcp 2560.rfdba 0 0 i ns,iw,no,ni,pr
    26* call tcp 1536.nft 0 0 i ns,iw,no,ni,pr
    28* call tcp 1538.rvt 0 0 i ns,iw,no,ni,pr
    30* call tcp 1537.vt 0 0 i ns,iw,no,ni,pr

    Here is WTRSH with a Whisper IDE connection, as well as listening ports.

    PROCESS DISPLAY Pin=76 Lsi=$180.000005d0 Dest=0 ($.00000000) 3:56 pm
    < #s11 / mgr.kevenm / wtrsh.pub.wtrsh >

    Desc Type Prot Addr Num out Num in IO Flags
    13* call tcp 54372 0 0 bs,sl,aa
    14* cnct tcp 54372 356 168 bs,sl,ch
    15* call tcp 54373 0 0 bs,sl,aa

    Keven

    ps: once on a process screen (P command), use the S command to see socket
    specific details.

  5. Re: Ports

    HP-3000 Systems Discussion wrote:
    > How could I find what ports are listening on hp3000.

    And now you can find a nice summary of the answers in the FAQ at
    http://www.3k.com/twiki/bin/view/TWi...ketConnections

    -Chris Bartram

  6. Programming opportunity in Sacramento area

    Greetings,

    Please share this with anyone who might be interested and qualified.

    The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR)
    intends to procure the services of several contractors in the Enterprise
    Information Services group, including one programmer analyst with strong
    HP-3000 skills.

    The duration of the contract is expected to be at least 18 months. The
    work will be performed at the CDCR data center in Rancho Cordova,
    California.

    The contractor selected will need to have strong programming skills in
    the HP-3000 MPE environment using COBOL, TurboIMAGE, and VPLUS.
    Familiarity with PowerHouse 4GL would be valuable.

    The individual will work in the Distributed Data Processing System
    (DDPS) unit, which maintains several key applications running on HP-3000
    servers located in prisons throughout the state and in the data center.

    I am leaving on vacation now, and will not be able to answer any
    questions until after I return late next week, but wanted to get the
    word out as soon as possible.

    Walter

    Walter J. Murray