Printed User's Guide for 50g? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Printed User's Guide for 50g? - Hewlett Packard ; I was wondering if it is possible to buy a printed copy of the 50g's user guide (the ~900 page one, not the skimpy one that comes with it), outside of having it printed somewhere?...

  1. Printed User's Guide for 50g?

    I was wondering if it is possible to buy a printed copy of the 50g's user
    guide (the ~900 page one, not the skimpy one that comes with it), outside
    of having it printed somewhere?

  2. Re: Printed User's Guide for 50g?

    In article ,
    Andrew Paulin wrote:
    >I was wondering if it is possible to buy a printed copy of the 50g's user
    >guide (the ~900 page one, not the skimpy one that comes with it), outside
    >of having it printed somewhere?

    No, you can't - a printed copy *must* have been printed somewhere.... ;-)

    e-mail: pausch at stjarnhimlen dot se
    WWW: http://stjarnhimlen.se/

  3. Re: Printed User's Guide for 50g?

    On Aug 19, 1:44*am, pau...@saaf.se (Paul Schlyter) wrote:
    > In article ,
    > Andrew Paulin * wrote:
    >
    > >I was wondering if it is possible to buy a printed copy of the 50g's user
    > >guide (the ~900 page one, not the skimpy one that comes with it), outside
    > >of having it printed somewhere?

    > No, you can't - a printed copy *must* have been printed somewhere.... *;-)
    >
    > --
    > Paul Schlyter, *Grev Turegatan 40, *SE-114 38 Stockholm, *SWEDEN
    > e-mail: *pausch at stjarnhimlen dot se
    > WWW: * *http://stjarnhimlen.se/

    Given the cost of printed books a copy from Staples or Kinko's is
    quite reasonable. You can give them a 'thumb drive' with the pdf
    files on it and have it printed and bound for a reasonable cost.

    I did the 900 page manual as two double sided volumes with a plastic
    ring binding and clear front and back covers.

    Good luck.

    Scott

  4. Re: Printed User's Guide for 50g?

    Some years ago I bought a very heavy printed manual for the
    49g+, which should have nearly the same contents as the 50g's
    manual. Perhaps you can find one of these.

  5. Re: Printed User's Guide for 50g?

    On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 06:39:01 -0700 (PDT), scott
    wrote:

    >On Aug 19, 1:44*am, pau...@saaf.se (Paul Schlyter) wrote:
    >> In article ,
    >> Andrew Paulin * wrote:
    >>
    >> >I was wondering if it is possible to buy a printed copy of the 50g's user
    >> >guide (the ~900 page one, not the skimpy one that comes with it), outside
    >> >of having it printed somewhere?

    >> No, you can't - a printed copy *must* have been printed somewhere.... *;-)
    >>
    >> -

    >Given the cost of printed books a copy from Staples or Kinko's is
    >quite reasonable. You can give them a 'thumb drive' with the pdf
    >files on it and have it printed and bound for a reasonable cost.

    18 cents for double side printed page. At Kinko's, today. 900 pages is
    450 double sided pages, what makes $81 for printing plus $10 for
    binding - it is to big to be bound as single volume. Plust tax. About
    $100+ all together.

    Not bad, taking into account that the calculator itself is $140.

    By the way, probably you need two books: User Manual and Advanced User
    Manual. Both about 900 pages

    A.L.

+ Reply to Thread