menu in picture mode - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on menu in picture mode - Hewlett Packard ; Is there a way in HP 50g to display grpahic screen together with user menu? I mean like the PICTURE environment, but with the custom menu? It seems like PVIEW followed by a MENU does not do any good, as ...

  1. menu in picture mode

    Is there a way in HP 50g to display grpahic screen together with user
    menu?
    I mean like the PICTURE environment, but with the custom menu?
    It seems like PVIEW followed by a MENU does not do any good, as well
    as PICTURE followed by a MENU

  2. Re: menu in picture mode

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 21:22:45 -0500, Andrew Nikitin wrote:

    > Is there a way in HP 50g to display graphic screen
    > together with user menu?

    > I mean like the PICTURE environment, but with the custom menu?

    > It seems like PVIEW followed by a MENU does not do any good,
    > as well as PICTURE followed by a MENU

    Is this what you mean:

    { A B C D E F } TMENU { #0 #0 } PVIEW 3 FREEZE

    [r->] [OFF]

  3. Re: menu in picture mode

    On Aug 18, 11:40 pm, "John H Meyers" wrote:
    > Is this what you mean:
    >
    > { A B C D E F } TMENU { #0 #0 } PVIEW 3 FREEZE

    Yes, this works, thank you.

  4. Re: menu in picture mode

    On Aug 18, 11:40 pm, "John H Meyers" wrote:
    > Is this what you mean:
    >
    > { A B C D E F } TMENU { #0 #0 } PVIEW 3 FREEZE
    >
    > [r->] [OFF]

    It kind of does what I want, except that I noticed that when I have
    more than 6 elements and hit NEXT, it leave graphic mode and moves
    back to stack display. Is there a way to make it stay in graphic mode
    after next button?

  5. Re: menu in picture mode

    On Aug 20, 10:32 pm, nsg...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Aug 18, 11:40 pm, "John H Meyers" wrote:
    >
    > > Is this what you mean:

    > > { A B C D E F } TMENU { #0 #0 } PVIEW 3 FREEZE

    > > [r->] [OFF]

    > It kind of does what I want, except that I noticed that when I have
    > more than 6 elements and hit NEXT, it leave graphic mode and moves
    > back to stack display. Is there a way to make it stay in graphic mode
    > after next button?

    The following sort of approximates what you want.
    It is admittedly more complicated than the original.

    What is really happening is that the the PICTURE display is being
    shown,
    but the regular stack is running in the background. Thus if after
    running the code I've attached you type 1 ENTER ENTER + F2 you will
    see "2" and "'B'" on the stack.
    The screen remains showing the PICT environment until CANCEL is
    pressed, user flag 7 is cleared in some fashion (Hopefully by choosing
    an item from your menu.

    It is possible to open a different menu instead of your current menu.
    This may leave the user stuck, forcing them to press CANCEL.

    Pressing CANCEL may (high probability) leave cruft on the stack.

    But it does work. It is also possible to do extra processing on the
    value returned by WAIT, to prevent keys other than the Function keys
    and "NXT" (and PREV (LS+NXT)) from being KEYEVAL'ed that should
    prevent the opening a different menu issue.

    There might be a cleaner way to do this than my way, but I'm not aware
    of it.

    User Flag 7 was chosen arbitrarily. Any User flag could have been
    chosen.

    And now the code:
    \<<
    {
    {
    "A"
    \<< A 7 CF \>>
    }
    {
    "B"
    \<< B 7 CF \>>
    }
    {
    "C"
    \<< C 7 CF \>>
    }
    {
    "D"
    \<< D 7 CF \>>
    }
    {
    "E"
    \<< E 7 CF \>>
    }
    {
    "F"
    \<< F 7 CF \>>
    }
    {
    "G"
    \<< G 7 CF \>>
    }
    }
    TMENU
    {#0 #0} PVIEW
    7 SF
    WHILE 7 FS? REPEAT
    3 FREEZE
    -1 WAIT KEYEVAL
    END
    \>>

    This has been tested under emulation of the HP49+.

  6. Re: menu in picture mode

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:32:05 -0500:

    Re:
    >> { A B C D E F } TMENU { #0 #0 } PVIEW 3 FREEZE

    > It kind of does what I want, except that I noticed
    > that when I have more than 6 elements and hit NEXT,
    > it leave graphic mode and moves back to stack display.
    > Is there a way to make it stay in graphic mode after next button?

    I have the dim impression that some of the SysRPL entry points
    whose names may begin with "SetDA" might have exactly that effect
    (to convince the "SysDisplay" part of the "System outer loop"
    not to redraw DA1 or DA2, which are the "status" and "stack" areas);
    I hope that someone who isn't so rusty on that subject
    (I last tried this for a "triangle solver" of years ago)
    might be able to answer more definitely
    (and save me the trouble of trying to figure it out again

    [r->] [OFF]

  7. Re: menu in picture mode

    The following demonstrates showing PICT with any menu,
    unaffected by using NXT to scroll the menu:

    @ version for HP49/50 series ONLY
    \<< { A B C D E F G } TMENU { #0 #0 } PVIEW 3 FREEZE
    #2EE67h SYSEVAL #2EE91h SYSEVAL \>>

    Always back up memory first, before using any SYSEVAL!

    The "system" functions invoked are: SetDA1Valid SetDA2Valid

    The corresponding ROM addresses for HP48S[X]/G[X]
    are: #38FD2h and #3915Dh

    [r->] [OFF]

+ Reply to Thread