Re: HP969 for sale cheap? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: HP969 for sale cheap? - Hewlett Packard ; How cheap is cheap? My 917LX has more disc space than this 969KS/200 but I expect the 969KS/200 has a faster cpu and it has more memory. How much is the price of the hardware and shipping? How many disc ...

  1. Re: HP969 for sale cheap?

    How cheap is cheap?

    My 917LX has more disc space than this 969KS/200 but I expect the
    969KS/200 has a faster cpu and it has more memory.

    How much is the price of the hardware and shipping?

    How many disc drives can be added to this box?

    Are there photographs of the box for us took at?

    What version of MPEiX is on it and what software is on it? -- Cobol, Glance,
    TurboIMAGE??

    Thanks,

    Brian.

    On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 14:50:44 -0400, Pete Augustine
    wrote:

    >HP969KS/220
    >4 120MHZ PROCESSORS
    >1 4GB SCSI BOOT DRIVE
    >3 9GB SCSI DATA DRIVES
    >3712 MB OF RAM (4GIG) MAXED OUT
    >1 INTERNAL DDS3 24GB TAPE DRIVE
    >1 UPS UNIT
    >1 External DDS3 6 tape changer.
    >
    >This unit will be going offline within the next month. Any interest in

    part or
    >any of it? It is currently running. Questions please ask. I would hate

    to see
    >it go to the scrapyard when it runs fine. Otherwise we will auction offthe
    >tape drives on our website and scrap the rest.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Pete Augustine
    >Programmer Analyst
    >City of Oshkosh

  2. Re: HP969 for sale cheap?

    Hello Friends,

    HP sees value in this system, but only in the MPE/iX license attached
    to the server. After all, checking the Right To Use license tables
    will show a valuation in the thousands of dollars, just for the right
    to use MPE/iX. Pete Augustine of the City of Oshkosh is selling

    --
    Ron Seybold, Editor In Chief
    The 3000 NewsWire -- 512.331.0075 -- rseybold@sbcglobal.net