Copying users across accounts - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Copying users across accounts - Hewlett Packard ; Is there an easy way to copy HP user log ons across accounts on the same machine? Jeff Cox Senior Manager of Enterprise Systems Office 678-533-2811 Cellular 770-335-3142 jcox@benchmarkbrands.com * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * ...

  1. Copying users across accounts

    Is there an easy way to copy HP user log ons across accounts on the same
    machine?

    Jeff Cox
    Senior Manager of Enterprise Systems
    Office 678-533-2811
    Cellular 770-335-3142

    jcox@benchmarkbrands.com

  2. Re: Copying users across accounts

    > Is there an easy way to copy HP user log ons across accounts
    > on the same machine?

    VEAUDIT COPYUSER @.X, @.Y

    (Of course, you would need the VEAudit product.)

    Tracy Johnson
    Measurement Specialties Inc.
    BT

    NNNN

  3. Re: Copying users across accounts

    or run buldacct for the original account....pull buldjob2 into your favorite
    editor...change 'foo' to 'bar'....keep your changes...and stream buldjob2.
    - d

    ---
    Donna Hofmeister
    Allegro Consultants, Inc.
    408-252-2330

  4. Re: Copying users across accounts

    > VEAUDIT COPYUSER @.X, @.Y
    >
    > (Of course, you would need the VEAudit product.)

    If you don't have VEAudit, you could use BULDACCT to generate the MPE
    commands to recreate the account. Use your favorite editor to modify the
    files created by BULDACCT. Just replace the old account to the new account
    and then stream the new file.

    Mark W.

  5. Re: Copying users across accounts

    --- On Thu, 8/14/08, Jeff Cox wrote:

    Is there an easy way to copy HP user log ons across accounts on the same
    machine?

    Jeff,

    I can think of a couple ways, do you have MPEX?

    If not....

    Run BULDACCT for the account you want to copy.

    Edit BULDJOB1 and change "oldaccount" to "newacct", where oldaccount is the original account.....

    You may have to clear out new groups etc...

    -Craig

  6. Re: Copying users across accounts

    You can also blend accounts based on certain parameters if you have MPEX
    and SECURITY/3000 from VESOFT. This is particularly useful when
    building or combining test accounts, at least that's what I've used it
    for.

    Howard

    %sec help dump

    1. %SEC DUMP

    2. OUT=, %SEC DUMP keyword

    3. SORT=, %SEC DUMP keyword

    4. OLDDATE, %SEC DUMP keyword

    5. NEWDATE, %SEC DUMP keyword

    6. INTDATE, %SEC DUMP keyword

    7. %SEC DUMPOBS

    8. OUT=, %SEC DUMPOBS keyword

    9. ACCOUNT, %SEC DUMPOBS keyword

    10. GROUP, %SEC DUMPOBS keyword

    11. USER, %SEC DUMPOBS keyword

    12. SORT=, %SEC DUMPOBS keyword

    13. OLDDATE, %SEC DUMPOBS keyword

    14. NEWDATE, %SEC DUMPOBS keyword

    15. OLDDATE, %SEC DUMPOBS keyword

    16. INTDATE, %SEC DUMPOBS keyword

    Which of the above would you like help on (or CR to exit)? 1

    The user profiles that are to be deleted not because they're in the
    userset but

    because they're inheriting are displayed as "----Will delete A,B.C
    (=D,E.F)"

    where "A,B.C" is the inheriting profile and "D,E.F" is the parent
    profile.

    DUMP

    %SEC DUMP userset [(selectioncondition)] ;OUT=filename[;NEWDATE]

    [;SORT=field1[:len1][:'DESC']

    [,field2[:len2][:'DESC']...]

    [;OLDDATE|NEWDATE|INTDATE]

    %SEC DUMP @.@;OUT=dumpfile

    %SEC DUMP @.PROD;OUT=PRODUSRS;SORT=SESSION:8

    Copies all of the profiles for the given userset from the SECURITY data
    file to

    a flat file. This gives you a way to write your own reports on SECURITY
    user

    profiles. (For performance reasons, SECURITY user profiles are not kept
    in an

    IMAGE database or KSAM file; they are kept in a special privileged file
    using

    VESOFT's own internal access mechanism.)

    Format of the file created by the %SEC DUMP command

    %

    %sec help load

    1. %SEC AUTOLOAD

    2. $USER, %SEC AUTOLOAD keyword

    3. $ACCOUNT, %SEC AUTOLOAD keyword

    4. $UPASS, %SEC AUTOLOAD keyword

    5. %SEC LOAD, SECURITY command

    6. ADD, %SEC LOAD keyword

    7. ASK, %SEC LOAD keyword

    8. UPDATE, %SEC LOAD keyword

    9. %SEC SECLOAD, SECURITY command

    10. IN=, %SEC SECLOAD keyword

    11. MAXPROFILES=, %SEC SECLOAD keyword

    12. FLIMIT=, %SEC SECLOAD keyword

    13. CLEANUF, %SEC SECLOAD keyword

    Which of the above would you like help on (or CR to exit)? 6

    One special concern is sorting on string fields -- for those, you must
    specify

    the length of the field being sorted.

    (NEW) LOAD

    %SEC LOAD dumpfile[;ADD][;UPDATE][;ASK]

    EXAMPLE:

    %SEC LOAD SYSADUMP;ADD

    %SEC LOAD dumpfile;UPDATE;ASK

    %SEC LOAD ALPHADMP;ADD;UPDATE

    Loads profiles from a file created by the %SEC DUMP command into the
    SECURITY

    data file. This can be especially useful if you need to merge users
    from

    several different CPUs into one.

    You must specify at least one keyword, either ;ADD or ;UPDATE or both.

    ;ADD means add new profiles, but don't update existing ones.

    ;UPDATE means update existing profiles, but don't add new ones.

    (F)orward, (B)ack, (>)forward 1/2 page, (<)backward 1/2 page, (M)enu,
    (E)xit:

    Is there an easy way to copy HP user log ons across accounts on the same

    machine?

    Jeff,

    I can think of a couple ways, do you have MPEX?

    If not....

    Run BULDACCT for the account you want to copy.

    Edit BULDJOB1 and change "oldaccount" to "newacct", where oldaccount is
    the original account.....

    You may have to clear out new groups etc...

    -Craig

  7. Re: Copying users across accounts

    I know I'm late in responding to this, but just in case of future needs I
    should mention my 'acctdup' utility, contributed some time ago.

    While its primary function is to recreate or duplicate an account on
    another machine, it does have the option of generating the job stream for
    an account by using an existing account as the template.

    Regards
    Paul Christidis

    HP-3000 Systems Discussion wrote on 08/14/2008
    06:36:13 AM: