hp ze5700 hard drive replacement - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on hp ze5700 hard drive replacement - Hewlett Packard ; I have just replaced the hard drive in my pavilion ze5700 laptop--the bios will not recognize the hard drive indicating there is none available. I have tried every position of the jumper with no change. Can anyone provide any suggestions ...

  1. hp ze5700 hard drive replacement

    I have just replaced the hard drive in my pavilion ze5700 laptop--the
    bios will not recognize the hard drive indicating there is none
    available. I have tried every position of the jumper with no change.
    Can anyone provide any suggestions on trouble shooting? Thank you

  2. Re: hp ze5700 hard drive replacement

    I am not familiar with the ZE5700, but many laptops have a small adapter that
    attaches to the pins on the drive to enable it to connect to the motherboard.
    Perhaps the ZE5700 is one of these laptops and you did not switch the adapter
    from the old to the new drive?

    What is the capacity of the new drive, compared to the old drive?

    .... Ben Myers

    On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 08:37:43 -0700 (PDT), bee wrote:

    >I have just replaced the hard drive in my pavilion ze5700 laptop--the
    >bios will not recognize the hard drive indicating there is none
    >available. I have tried every position of the jumper with no change.
    >Can anyone provide any suggestions on trouble shooting? Thank you

+ Reply to Thread