Hmmm... well, I see you have a .GOV e-mail address, so that explains a lot

it also probably negates the idea I was going to propose: prepare an estimate of the man-hours and associated costs of "doing it by hand" compared to the speed and price of the tools...

----- Original Message ----
From: Robert Holtz
To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
Sent: Friday, August 1, 2008 2:46:42 PM
Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] Cross-Reference Tool

I want to thank everyone who responded to my post regarding a
cross-reference tool for the COBOL, Fortran, and PASCAL programs that we
have on the HP 3Ks. I have been told that we have no funding for the
purchase of additional tools to aid in this project so we are forced to
build the cross-reference database by hand (i.e, recompile each program
and capture the cross-reference portion of the listing). Again, my
thanks to those who replied.

Best regards,
Robert Holtz
Phoenix Police Department