Connectivity question between PC and HP50G - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Connectivity question between PC and HP50G - Hewlett Packard ; I am not particularly experienced with the 50g. I attempted to install a program from hpcacl. The installation consisted of a library. Instructions were sparse. I copied the library, installed it, and found the user directions did not match what ...

  1. Connectivity question between PC and HP50G

    I am not particularly experienced with the 50g.

    I attempted to install a program from hpcacl. The installation
    consisted of a library. Instructions were sparse. I copied the
    library, installed it, and found the user directions did not match
    what I saw on the calculator. The calculator did not lock up.

    At that point I decided to start over by deleting the library and
    reinstalling the program. I deleted the library.

    To my surprise, I can no longer copy from my pc to the 50g.
    Connection appears to be no different than before. The connectivity
    software shows the calculator files in the home directory, I paste a
    file into the pc side and a copy appears to occur.

    The calculator shows:

    xmodem server
    waiting for command
    name of file appears while the file is being copied

    However, the file does not appear on the calculator when I press var.
    I have tried to copy several files with the same results.

    I can create new vars on the calculator and they show on the pc
    directory side.

    I have reset the calculator and completed a self test with no change
    in results.

    Randy

  2. Re: Connectivity question between PC and HP50G

    On Aug 1, 1:13*pm, Randy wrote:
    > I am not particularly experienced with the 50g.
    >
    > I attempted to install a program from hpcacl. *The installation
    > consisted of a library. *Instructions were sparse. *I copied the
    > library, installed it, and found the user directions did not match
    > what I saw on the calculator. *The calculator did not lock up.
    >
    > At that point I decided to start over by deleting the library and
    > reinstalling the program. *I deleted the library.
    >
    > To my surprise, I can no longer copy from my pc to the 50g.
    > Connection appears to be no different than before. *The connectivity
    > software shows the calculator files in the home directory, *I paste a
    > file into the pc side and a copy appears to occur.
    >
    > The calculator shows:
    >
    > xmodem server
    > waiting for command
    > name of file appears while the file is being copied
    >
    > However, the file does not appear on the calculator when I press var.
    > I have tried to copy several files with the same results.
    >
    > I can create new vars on the calculator and they show on the pc
    > directory side.
    >
    > I have reset the calculator and completed a self test with no change
    > in results.

    > Randy

    Well, I have a 49g+ with a bad key but otherwise usable. I did a test
    with it and was able to copy from the pc to it with no difficulty.
    Then I set the flags on the 50 to match the 49g+. There were small
    differences but none seemed to stand out.

    Be that as it may, after I matched the flags I can now copy files from
    the pc to the 50.

    I believe I am back to normal.

    Until now the 49g+ just sat on the shelf. I think I will use it as a
    test unit to try once again to install the program.

    Randy

+ Reply to Thread