Data Protector Express - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Data Protector Express - Hewlett Packard ; I try and create a disaster recovery CD I get the error No disaster recovery image could be located and when I try do OBDR backup Error 4462:The media was not prepared for boot with HP OBDR silutions...

  1. Data Protector Express

    I try and create a disaster recovery CD I get the error
    No disaster recovery image could be located

    and when I try do OBDR backup
    Error 4462:The media was not prepared for boot with HP OBDR silutions

  2. Re: Data Protector Express

    Blazej wrote:
    > I try and create a disaster recovery CD I get the error
    > No disaster recovery image could be located
    >
    > and when I try do OBDR backup
    > Error 4462:The media was not prepared for boot with HP OBDR silutions

    I need more information to be able to answer your question, but
    first let me ask a question of my own: Do you have the Data
    Protector Express disaster recovery feature licensed in your
    version of Data Protector Express? With some products, the DR
    license is not included.

    Information needed:
    - Exact HW configuration: system manufacturer, attached optical
    devices, processor and RAM
    - Operating system being used, service packs installed
    - Specific Data Protector Express version and which patches have
    been installed

    Also, please see the Data Protector Express User's Guide
    and Technical Reference, which is probably stored as a .pdf
    in your Data Protector Express directory. The version I
    have details Disaster Recover in chapter 10, starting on
    page 215. I would suggest you make sure you've read,
    understood, and followed the steps in, that section.

+ Reply to Thread