[50G]: Detecting USB cable - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on [50G]: Detecting USB cable - Hewlett Packard ; Hello, somebody knows how to detect, if the USB cable on a 50G is plugged in or not ? TIA, Andreas...

  1. [50G]: Detecting USB cable

    Hello,

    somebody knows how to detect, if the USB cable on a 50G is plugged in
    or not ?

    TIA,
    Andreas

  2. Re: : Detecting USB cable

    On Aug 1, 12:20 pm, Andreas M÷ller
    wrote:

    > somebody knows how to detect, if the USB cable on a 50G is plugged in
    > or not ?

    Do you mean detect when the calculator is being powered by the USB?
    Or do you want to detect if the cable is physically plugged in (maybe
    for some other USB application you have in mind)?

    For the former, if you have BatStatus 2.0 installed, you can use the
    VBATV command which returns the voltage when powered by the batteries
    and returns 0.0 when powered by the USB. My STARTOFF program is:

    <<
    IF VBATV
    THEN OFF
    END

    Edwin Cˇrdoba published his code here a couple of years ago if you
    want to see what he did.
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....e420474f36c151

    -wes

  3. Re: : Detecting USB cable

    Hello Wes,

    I mean in both cases, but this is still of great help.

    Thanks a lot,
    Andreas

    Wes schrieb:
    > On Aug 1, 12:20 pm, Andreas M´┐Żller
    > wrote:
    >
    > > somebody knows how to detect, if the USB cable on a 50G is plugged in
    > > or not ?

    > Do you mean detect when the calculator is being powered by the USB?
    > Or do you want to detect if the cable is physically plugged in (maybe
    > for some other USB application you have in mind)?
    >
    > For the former, if you have BatStatus 2.0 installed, you can use the
    > VBATV command which returns the voltage when powered by the batteries
    > and returns 0.0 when powered by the USB. My STARTOFF program is:
    >
    > <<
    > IF VBATV
    > THEN OFF
    > END
    > >>

    > Edwin C´┐Żrdoba published his code here a couple of years ago if you
    > want to see what he did.
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....e420474f36c151
    >
    > -wes

+ Reply to Thread