New Internet Math Puzzle... - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on New Internet Math Puzzle... - Hewlett Packard ; This this New, Or just New Again...??? http://www.digicc.com/fido/...

  1. New Internet Math Puzzle...

    This this New, Or just New Again...???

    http://www.digicc.com/fido/

  2. Re: New Internet Math Puzzle...

    On Jul 31, 10:22*pm, TranslucentAmoebae
    wrote:
    > This this New, Or just New Again...???
    >
    > http://www.digicc.com/fido/

    the digits in the difference have to add up to 0 mod 9.

    If you enter 120, the sum of these digits is 3. 3+6 = 0 mod 9.

    No, I never saw it before, but, yes, I'm a PhD student in math.

  3. Re: New Internet Math Puzzle...

    It's way different and not really math but Ilike this mind reader:

    http://omgwtf.superlime.com/psychic.swf

  4. Re: New Internet Math Puzzle...

    On Aug 2, 1:46*pm, George Bailey wrote:
    > It's way different and not really math but Ilike this mind reader:
    >
    > http://omgwtf.superlime.com/psychic.swf

    The sum of the digits in the difference between any two permutations
    of the same four digit number is a multiple of nine. Not math?

  5. Re: New Internet Math Puzzle...

    wtfinc schrieb:
    > On Aug 2, 1:46 pm, George Bailey wrote:
    >> It's way different and not really math but Ilike this mind reader:
    >>
    >> http://omgwtf.superlime.com/psychic.swf

    > The sum of the digits in the difference between any two permutations
    > of the same four digit number is a multiple of nine. Not math?

    Sure, there's some math involved...but the trick - sorry - the mind
    reading involves something else... ;-)

+ Reply to Thread