N-Class storage - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on N-Class storage - Hewlett Packard ; Hi all, We are looking, for the short term, of using a N-Class system and I'm trying to find out storage options are available. What kind of disc storage options are being used out there? I understand that HP does ...

  1. N-Class storage

    Hi all,

    We are looking, for the short term, of using a N-Class system and I'm trying
    to find out storage options are available.
    What kind of disc storage options are being used out there? I understand
    that HP does not support EMC storage on the N-Class but is anyone using it?

    Thanks in advance for your input.

    Robin
    robinaq6@verizon.net

  2. Re: N-Class storage

    Robin,

    The N-Class has native fibre, while the EMC is not supported, I guarantee it works just fine. (I do think the performance of the XP1024 are much better).

    The N-Class can connect to a VA7410 it supports HAFO (High Availability Fail Over) and is rated at 35,000 I/O's per second. It has 2GB of cache. It is a Virtual Array, and is about the size of a MOD20, about 10U. <-- thats a guess.

    The other options are the

    XP512 does about 300,000 I/O's per second, it is much older and about the size of 1 large refrigerator.

    XP1024 or XP128 are rated at 450,000 I/O's per second and are a great option today.

    The XP128 has less expansion capabilities that the XP1024, but the same core, and can go to 64GB of cache.

    As for pricing, it depends on how much space you need.

    The payoff between a VA7410 or an XP128 is about 3 VA7410's i.e. it is less expensive to purchase 1 XP128 than 3 VA7410's.

    HTH,

    -Craig