Qedit commands to remove line numbers - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Qedit commands to remove line numbers - Hewlett Packard ; What are the Qedit commands to remove the first 6 digits or characters (line numbers) in a Cobol program on Hp3000 ? Thanks > Raghu Rao > ******************************************** This communication and any files or attachments transmitted with it may contain ...

  1. Qedit commands to remove line numbers

    What are the Qedit commands to remove the first 6 digits or characters
    (line numbers) in a Cobol program on Hp3000 ?

    Thanks
    > Raghu Rao

    This communication and any files or attachments transmitted with it may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or the entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or copying of this communication is prohibited by federal law. If you have received this communication in error, please destroy it and notify the sender.

  2. Re: Qedit commands to remove line numbers

    Raghu,

    Just curious: why?

    Do you wish to replace the numbers with spaces or remove them all together?
    Anyway, you should be able to do this.

    :QEDIT
    /T COBSRC,JOB
    /CQ 1/6 " " @ { Replace with spaces }
    /CQ 1/6 "" @ { Remove columns, shifts text left }

    HTH
    François

    What are the Qedit commands to remove the first 6 digits or characters
    (line numbers) in a Cobol program on Hp3000 ?

    Thanks
    > Raghu Rao

    This communication and any files or attachments transmitted with it may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or the entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or copying of this communication is prohibited by federal law. If you have received this communication in error, please destroy it and notify the sender.

    Remarque - Cette transmission est pour l'usage exclusif du ou des destinataires indiqués et peut contenir de l'information confidentielle ou protégée. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire indiqué, veuillez supprimer cette transmission ainsi que tout fichier joint et aviser l'expéditeur par courriel immédiatement. Toute révision, utilisation, divulgation ou distribution non autorisée est interdite.

    Notice: This transmission is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this transmission and any attachments and notify the sender by return email immediately. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.

  3. Re: Qedit commands to remove line numbers

    Or perhaps you don't want to see them but not really remove them.

    You might want to SET LANG COB or a SET LANG COBX (depending on the particular requirements you have).

    Check out HELP SET LANG in Qedit and you will see this:

    Set Language lang
    (Initially: SPL)

    The lang codes accepted by Qedit are:

    COBOL, COBOLX [ALL], SPL, FORTRAN, Pascal, RPG, Job, Text,
    Data, CC, CPP, PowerHouse (PH), COBFREE, Html, XML, Java and QSL (Qedit
    Scripting Language)

    Initially when Qedit starts the language is assumed to be SPL, but this may
    be changed when you Text a file ("SPL" stands for Systems Programming
    Language, which is an obscure software tool on the original HP e3000 system;
    files have 80-character records with columns 73-80 containing a sequence
    number). You can override this default this with Set Lang. When you Set
    Lang, you also reset the Window, the Length, the Left margin, and the Right
    margin.

    L3: Keywords Under: Lang

    Then type either COB or COBX for more details.

    --
    Jim Alexander Longs Drug Stores
    Sr. Systems Programmer 925-210-6901

    What are the Qedit commands to remove the first 6 digits or characters (line numbers) in a Cobol program on Hp3000 ?

    Thanks
    > Raghu Rao

    This communication and any files or attachments transmitted with it may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or the entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or copying of this communication is prohibited by federal law. If you have received this communication in error, please destroy it and notify the sender.

    Remarque - Cette transmission est pour l'usage exclusif du ou des destinataires indiqués et peut contenir de l'information confidentielle ou protégée. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire indiqué, veuillez supprimer cette transmission ainsi que tout fichier joint et aviser l'expéditeur par courriel immédiatement. Toute révision, utilisation, divulgation ou distribution non autorisée est interdite.

    Notice: This transmission is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this transmission and any attachments and notify the sender by return email immediately. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.

  4. Re: Qedit commands to remove line numbers

    --- On Wed, 7/30/08, Francois Desrochers wrote:

    > What are the Qedit commands to remove the first 6 digits or
    > characters
    > (line numbers) in a Cobol program on Hp3000 ?

    *************************

    is this a trick question?

    in quad

    /T FILENAME
    /K FILENAME:U <-- for unnumbered

    in editor

    /T FILENAME
    /K FILENAME,UNN

    Don't know but I assume it is close for QEDIT

    -Craig

  5. Re: Qedit commands to remove line numbers

    At 05:19 PM 7/30/2008, Craig Lalley wrote:
    Well normally Qedit detects that the file is Cobol and you never see
    the line numbers. My guess is that
    the file(s) are not being recognized as Cobol due to some possible
    issues during a file transfer from one
    system to another or something else entirely.

    Seems an odd situation so I would want to know more before advising
    any solution.

    So in a way it is a trick question, or tricky situation and I really
    would wonder WHY the numbers need to
    be remove and/or why it is not being recognized as Cobol.

    It may also be that the files are being transferred to another system
    and the line numbers need to be removed
    which you could just change the language to Cobfree?

    Neil