label rows and columns in matrix writer - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on label rows and columns in matrix writer - Hewlett Packard ; i am looking for information on how to label the matrix writers rows and columns. i want to create a file that will allow me to chart, graph and recordd my weight lifting regimen. if anyone has any information that ...

  1. label rows and columns in matrix writer

    i am looking for information on how to label the matrix writers rows
    and columns. i want to create a file that will allow me to chart,
    graph and recordd my weight lifting regimen. if anyone has any
    information that would be helpful
    thank you

    john

  2. Re: label rows and columns in matrix writer

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:14:19 -0500, likuidrock wrote:

    > how to label the matrix writer's rows and columns

    {
    { "" "Pull" "Press" }
    { "Mon" 210 155 }
    { "Tue" 213 161 }
    } -91 SF EDITB

    Got the idea?

    [r->] [OFF]

  3. Re: label rows and columns in matrix writer

    On Jul 29, 1:31*am, "John H Meyers" wrote:
    > On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:14:19 -0500, likuidrock wrote:
    > > how to label the matrix writer's rows and columns

    > {
    > { "" "Pull" "Press" }
    > { "Mon" 210 155 }
    > { "Tue" 213 161 }
    >
    > } -91 SF EDITB

    That's brilliant! Thanks for all these ideas, John. I'm just tying
    the ribbons on the upgrade of HLP49, and there are so many of your
    tips in there I might have to rename it MYR49. :-)

    Bill

  4. Re: label rows and columns in matrix writer

    On Jul 29, 9:50*am, Bill Markwick wrote:
    > On Jul 29, 1:31*am, "John H Meyers" wrote:
    >
    > > On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:14:19 -0500, likuidrock wrote:
    > > > how to label the matrix writer's rows and columns

    > > {
    > > { "" "Pull" "Press" }
    > > { "Mon" 210 155 }
    > > { "Tue" 213 161 }

    > > } -91 SF EDITB

    > That's brilliant! *Thanks for all these ideas, John. *I'm just tying
    > the ribbons on the upgrade of HLP49, and there are so many of your
    > tips in there I might have to rename it MYR49. *:-)
    >
    > Bill

    so if i keep giving you awesome ideas then i could maybe get an
    honorary one for helping you????lol

  5. Re: label rows and columns in matrix writer

    On Jul 29, 9:50*am, Bill Markwick wrote:
    > On Jul 29, 1:31*am, "John H Meyers" wrote:
    >
    > > On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:14:19 -0500, likuidrock wrote:
    > > > how to label the matrix writer's rows and columns

    > > {
    > > { "" "Pull" "Press" }
    > > { "Mon" 210 155 }
    > > { "Tue" 213 161 }

    > > } -91 SF EDITB

    > That's brilliant! *Thanks for all these ideas, John. *I'm just tying
    > the ribbons on the upgrade of HLP49, and there are so many of your
    > tips in there I might have to rename it MYR49. *:-)
    >
    > Bill

    nevermind i got mine for free

  6. Re: label rows and columns in matrix writer

    On Jul 29, 9:50*am, Bill Markwick wrote:
    > On Jul 29, 1:31*am, "John H Meyers" wrote:
    >
    > > On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:14:19 -0500, likuidrock wrote:
    > > > how to label the matrix writer's rows and columns

    > > {
    > > { "" "Pull" "Press" }
    > > { "Mon" 210 155 }
    > > { "Tue" 213 161 }

    > > } -91 SF EDITB

    > That's brilliant! *Thanks for all these ideas, John. *I'm just tying
    > the ribbons on the upgrade of HLP49, and there are so many of your
    > tips in there I might have to rename it MYR49. *:-)
    >
    > Bill

    You are updating HLP49? Might I ask what the update contains?
    My own use for HLP49 is simply an additional reference for UserRPL
    commands
    for the cases where SDIAG's documentation is weak (as it often is for
    UserRPL commands).

    Please don't forget to document flag -78 as the usb/serial choice flag
    for HP50g. It is currently listed in the AUR as an unused kernel
    parameter. (Indeed, I'm pretty sure it reamins a kernel parameter,
    since dealing with the difference between USB/Serial is almost
    certainly a job of the kernel.) Hlp49 lists it as internal use.

    The rest is somewhat related but is getting off topic.

    I will also note that I feel Emacs needs to be updated. The menu
    button in the completion choose menu that opens SDIAG crashes on
    2.10-7, which makes the use of SDIAG more painful than it should be.

    EDB also should be updated to include the new isAppleV2 stable entry
    point. JYA was going to post an updated suprom.a to the Hydrix site,
    but I never found it, so perhaps it did not happen. Presumably that
    would make isAppleV2 a supported EP.

    Then a new extable2 and SDIAG ought to be generated. At the same time,
    the SDIAG flags list really should be updated for the flag -78 change
    mentioned above. To be really thorough, a new Emacs should be probably
    be compiled to add it to the completion list.

    Of course, except for the fixing that emacs bug, (which I am not sure
    what the cause is, much less how to go about fixing it), I could and
    would do everything listed (new SDIAG, updated EDB, and updated
    extable2, even new emacs) except that Carsten has not released all the
    files needed to regenerate everything.

    Notaably, the edb.zip file lacks the SDIAGEXTRA folder, as well as
    makecalc.pl, and hp49gcat.23 (which is almost certainly holyjoe's
    hp49gcat.txt or a scrubbed version of it. There may also be other
    files that would be needed but are missing, those I list are only the
    ones I've managed to have requested when attempting this already.

    But my attempts to contact Carsten about these issues have so far
    failed.

  7. Re: label rows and columns in matrix writer

    On Jul 30, 11:10*am, username localhost
    wrote:

    > You are updating HLP49? Might I ask what the update contains?

    The immediate problem is that my laptop was swiped, so it may be a
    while until I can borrow a computer and send up HLP49. These library
    computers I'm using are crippled beyond belief. :-)

    Aside from greatly expanded entries with lots more examples, the new
    version has what I think is the only accurate list of flags that's
    available. Many of them are incorrectly described in HP docs, and the
    errors get propagated. I still have a few to chase down.

    There's also a config file that allows features such as restart on
    exit (handy for looking up multiple things) and the ability to use
    Port 2 if you want. The latter means that it can run on the HP49 or
    the emulators. (There's a set of compressed datafiles so it doesn't
    take up too much flash memory.)

    A fix to Emacs I'd like to see - often if you press the SEE reference,
    the Choose box that opens includes stuff like punctuation, and that
    prevents it from working. It needs some proofreading. I haven't had
    any major crashing (I'm not sure how to tell what version I have).

    Bill

  8. Re: label rows and columns in matrix writer

    On Jul 31, 9:50*am, Bill Markwick wrote:
    > On Jul 30, 11:10*am, username localhost
    > wrote:
    >

    > > You are updating HLP49? Might I ask what the update contains?

    > The immediate problem is that my laptop was swiped, so it may be a
    > while until I can borrow a computer and send up HLP49. *These library
    > computers I'm using are crippled beyond belief. :-)
    >
    > Aside from greatly expanded entries with lots more examples, the new
    > version has what I think is the only accurate list of flags that's
    > available. *Many of them are incorrectly described in HP docs, and the
    > errors get propagated. I still have a few to chase down.
    >
    > There's also a config file that allows features such as restart on
    > exit (handy for looking up multiple things) and the ability to use
    > Port 2 if you want. *The latter means that it can run on the HP49 or
    > the emulators. (There's a set of compressed datafiles so it doesn't
    > take up too much flash memory.)
    >
    > A fix to Emacs I'd like to see - often if you press the SEE reference,
    > the Choose box that opens includes stuff like punctuation, and that
    > prevents it from working. *It needs some proofreading. I haven't had
    > any major crashing (I'm not sure how to tell what version I have).
    > i really apreciate the attention of you all. however i think that i didn't ask my question with enough clarity.

    The list has a the horizontal axis and the vertical axis; both are
    labelled alpha numerically- i would like to change the alpha numerical
    labels with my own labels.
    because i "pull" in different ways, ie cable machine plate loaded
    dumbell etc i would need to have sublabels other wise the data would
    not give me accurate output.
    instead of having the 1-7 on the horizontal axis i would like to have
    the date. i hope that helps.
    again i really appreciate the help but ithink that this type of
    programs is alot harder than what some people initially thought.
    i am attending springfield college and this fall will be my first
    sememster and i would like to have everything perfect.
    fi youtersee
    again thank you all for your time and attention
    john

  9. Re: label rows and columns in matrix writer

    On Jul 31, 9:50*am, Bill Markwick wrote:
    > On Jul 30, 11:10*am, username localhost
    > wrote:
    >

    > > You are updating HLP49? Might I ask what the update contains?

    > The immediate problem is that my laptop was swiped, so it may be a
    > while until I can borrow a computer and send up HLP49. *These library
    > computers I'm using are crippled beyond belief. :-)
    >
    > Aside from greatly expanded entries with lots more examples, the new
    > version has what I think is the only accurate list of flags that's
    > available. *Many of them are incorrectly described in HP docs, and the
    > errors get propagated. I still have a few to chase down.
    >
    > There's also a config file that allows features such as restart on
    > exit (handy for looking up multiple things) and the ability to use
    > Port 2 if you want. *The latter means that it can run on the HP49 or
    > the emulators. (There's a set of compressed datafiles so it doesn't
    > take up too much flash memory.)
    >
    > A fix to Emacs I'd like to see - often if you press the SEE reference,
    > the Choose box that opens includes stuff like punctuation, and that
    > prevents it from working. *It needs some proofreading. I haven't had
    > any major crashing (I'm not sure how to tell what version I have).

    That is SDIAG, not Emacs. The SDIAG program can be used alone.

    All the text (except for the ones in the section 0 (Text Documents),
    or the Library documentation available Via the "LDOC" softmenu button
    in the SDIAG menu) comes from CD's EDB database of HP48 family
    calculator Entry Points. Actually the USER-RPL button Menu location
    text comes from that hp49gcat.23 file that seems CD seems not to have
    published, but the main text comes from the EDB database.

    As far as version goes, I was referring to the Calculator firmware. I
    am running BP's 2.10-7 Beta,
    which is presumably causing the problem I see. The version of SDIAG I
    am using is v2.11 (actually, v2.11a) (To check this, type "EBR", which
    will start the program, and check the top line. [The 'a' may be
    omitted from that line]). I have not found a way to determine the
    version of Emacs, but Emacs is released in lock-step with SDIAG, so it
    is unlikely you have mismatched versions.

    If it bothers me enough, I will manually update the EDB, extable2,
    Sdiag, and Emacs, although the missing files will make it
    inconvenient. If I do that, I would probably want to update the SDIAG
    flag list with any changes you have found.

  10. Re: label rows and columns [and do lots more] in matrix writer

    On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:14:58 -0500, likuidrock wrote:

    > The list has a the horizontal axis and the vertical axis;
    > both are labelled alpha numerically --
    > I would like to change the alpha numerical labels with my own labels.

    Is your follow-up about what's quoted above it (HLP49, Emacs, etc.)
    or about the original subject?

    If about the original subject, the 49/50 series "Matrix writer"
    is able to represent a "Matrix" as either a "numerical" array object
    (now including algebraic-class objects as well as numbers in "cells"),
    or as a "list of lists": { { row1 } { row2 } etc }

    Setting flag -91, as was illustrated, sets the "list of lists" format,
    in which the restriction about each "cell" containing a number or 'formula'
    is completely removed, and you can put any object (e.g. a "string,"
    a number, even a program if you like into any cell,
    and you can use either empty strings "" or NOVAL to fill "empty" cells.

    Other than the fact that it still has to be
    a "rectangular grid of cells" when shown in Matrix Writer,
    you can just put whatever you want into each cell,
    edit each cell individually with the Matrix Writer,
    create new columns and rows by just moving there
    and adding objects, etc.

    You can even apply "Styles"
    (Bold, Italic, Underline, Inverse, Fonts, newline characters, etc.)
    within any text (string) objects, by pressing a shift key
    before the EDIT menu key in the Matrix Writer.

    Perhaps "printing" is the only thing not provided for
    by a built-in function

    Specialized "spreadsheet" applications also exist for various
    HP calculators, some of which might be found by a query such as:
    http://www.hpcalc.org/search.php?query=spreadsheet
    (ExAL for 48 series, EXCELL for 48/49/50, Expresso for 49/50, Etc.)

    Bernard Parisse's experimental "spreadsheet" extension for 49/50
    allows the built-in Matrix Writer to also calculate
    with formulas involving other cells, IIRC.

    Mario Lohajner (manjo) and others
    also offered functions to perform calculations
    in symbolic matrices pre-edited by the Matrix Writer,
    then view the results again in Matrix Writer,
    but not integrated into the Matrix Writer itself:

    Over 100 posts in this thread:
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....b2869bd918e15/

    About 20 more in this one:
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....12887a06a6f3e/