From: Craig Lalley
Sent: Sunday, 27 July, 2008 1:25 PM
To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
Subject: Re: Turbo Store Question (Problem maybe?)

Brian,

I can't answer for why files that have not been touched made it on the partial. Did you do a listf, -3 to see access dates, modification dates, etc... for example if you do a PRINT ;SEARCH within MPEX without the KEEPAMDATES parameter, it may change the access dates.

However, do yourself a favor, Friends don't let friends use the INTER option. :-) If the tape is ever corrupt, you have virtually no chance of recovering any file. W/O INTER, you may be able to get everything BUT the damaged file.

Also, try using MAXTAPEBUF, I have seen it work wonders, usually a 30% improvement in speed.

-Craig