>I can't answer for why files that have not been touched made it on the
partial. Did you do a listf, -3 to see access dates, modification dates,
etc... for example if you do a PRINT ;SEARCH within MPEX without the
KEEPAMDATES parameter, it may change the access dates.

No one else is accessing my system at all other than myself.

The last time this database was accessed was at 1:02 this morning which is
correct.

However, I did not do the full system backup until around 7am.........

The partial backup did not happen until about 1pm....

FILE: SNTINL04.DATABASE.DEV

FILE CODE : -401 FOPTIONS: BINARY,FIXED,NOCCTL,STD
BLK FACTOR: 1 CREATOR : MGR.DEV
REC SIZE: 2816(BYTES) LOCKWORD:
GROUP ID: DEV
BLK SIZE: 2816(BYTES) SECURITY--READ: ANY
EXT SIZE: 319(SECT) WRITE: ANY
NUM REC: 926 APPEND: ANY
NUM SEC: 10192 LOCK: ANY
NUM EXT: 1 EXECUTE: ANY
MAX REC: 926 **SECURITY IS ON
MAX EXT: 32 FLAGS : NO ACCESSORS
NUM LABELS: 1 CREATED : SUN, JUL 10, 2005, 5:09 PM
MAX LABELS: 1 MODIFIED: SUN, JUL 27, 2008, 1:02 AM
DISC DEV #: 2 ACCESSED: SUN, JUL 27, 2008, 1:02 AM
RESTORED: THU, JUN 12, 2008, 9:49 PM
STATE : MON, JUL 7, 2008, 6:54 AM
SEC OFFSET: 0 LABEL ADDR: $0000005E.$00134420
UFID : $056C0002 $1A4DE4A5 $001344D8 $55031832 $0350ED02
VOLCLASS : MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SETISC
********************
FILE: /DEV/DATABASE/SNTINL04.idx

FILE CODE : -412 FOPTIONS: BINARY,FIXED,NOCCTL,KSAMXL
BLK FACTOR: 170 OWNER : MGR.DEV UID: 139
REC SIZE: 20(BYTES) GROUP ID: DEV GID: 119
BLK SIZE: 4096(BYTES) SECURITY--READ: ANY
EXT SIZE: 0(SECT) WRITE: ANY
NUM REC: 373 APPEND: ANY
NUM SEC: 4032 LOCK: ANY
NUM EXT: 2 EXECUTE: ANY
MAX REC: 57613 **SECURITY IS ON
FLAGS : NO ACCESSORS
NUM LABELS: 1 CREATED : WED, JUN 18, 2008, 9:36 PM
MAX LABELS: 1 MODIFIED: SUN, JUL 27, 2008, 1:02 AM
DISC DEV #: 1 ACCESSED: SUN, JUL 27, 2008, 1:02 AM
RESTORED: WED, JUN 18, 2008, 9:36 PM
STATE : SUN, JUL 27, 2008, 12:38 AM
SEC OFFSET: 0 LABEL ADDR: $00000013.$00134D20
UFID : $056C0001 $1A4DE4A5 $00134DD8 $55052448 $04A2CBEA
VOLCLASS : MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SETISC

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 16:02:53 -0700, Bahrs, Art
wrote:

>Hi All
> I seem to recall some unusual behavior with the online backup durations

when I had a process or user holding onto things (usually quietly in a
manner not easily observed)

>You might want to check who and what is on the process trees?
>

>Sent via PDA
>Thanks
>Art Bahrs
>Security Engineer
>arthur.bahrs@providence.org

option. :-) If the tape is ever corrupt, you have virtually no chance of
recovering any file. W/O INTER, you may be able to get everything BUT the
damaged file.

>Also, try using MAXTAPEBUF, I have seen it work wonders, usually a 30%

improvement in speed.

@.@.@;*T;SHOW;PROGRESS=5;DATES>=07/27/2008;INTER;STATISTICS;DIRECTORY;ONLINE=START;PARTI ALDB;COMPRESS=LOW

>> This partial backup had a bunch of files on it that
>> shouldn't have been on
>> it -- two or three different TurboIMAGE databases that had
>> not been accessed
>> since 07/26/2008 or before.
>>
>> No other users on the box except for me....
>>

>> Can anyone tell me why these files were on this partial
>> backup?
>>
>> TIA,
>> Brian Donaldson.
>>
>> * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list
>> settings, *
>> * etc., please visit
>> http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html *

>DISCLAIMER:
>This message is intended for the sole use of the addressee, and may contain

under applicable law. If you are not the addressee you are hereby notified
that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute to anyone the messageor
any information contained in the message. If you have received this message
in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete
this message.