OT: alternative energy - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on OT: alternative energy - Hewlett Packard ; --- On Fri, 7/25/08, Mark Landin wrote: > Has anyone tried (and succeeded) in duplicating his > experiment? > > has he submitted a working prototype to any independent > testing organizations? > > When these things are true, I ...

  1. OT: alternative energy

    --- On Fri, 7/25/08, Mark Landin wrote:

    > Has anyone tried (and succeeded) in duplicating his
    > experiment?
    >
    > has he submitted a working prototype to any independent
    > testing organizations?
    >
    > When these things are true, I am willing to be a True
    > Believer.

    **************************

    Mark,

    Thank you very much for the link, I have some reading time this weekend.

    As for people recreating his experiements... the only thing I can add is from the first article.

    "In 2005, leaders at Greenpeace asked Randy Booker, chair of the physics department at the University of North Carolina at Asheville, to fly to New Jersey to investigate BlackLight's claims. Booker says he was skeptical at the outset, but during his visit, "I found that they really were producing a great deal of excess energy with hydrogen," he says. "Some people may disagree with the theory, but the experiments work." Booker believes that commercialization could lead more independent laboratories to validate BlackLight's claims. He now performs paid research work for the company."

    So either Randy Booker believes it, or he sold out.

    -Craig

  2. Re: OT: alternative energy

    On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Craig Lalley wrote:
    > "In 2005, leaders at Greenpeace asked Randy Booker, chair of the physics department at the University of North Carolina at Asheville, to fly to New Jersey to investigate BlackLight's claims. Booker says he was skeptical at the outset, but during his visit, "I found that they really were producing a great deal of excess energy with hydrogen," he says. "Some people may disagree with the theory, but the experiments work." Booker believes that commercialization could lead more independent laboratories to validate BlackLight's claims. He now performs paid research work for the company."
    >
    > So either Randy Booker believes it, or he sold out.

    Maybe he sold out because he DID believe it.

    While showing a working prototype is definitely big step in the right
    direction, having a working prototype outside of Blacklight's office
    will add a lot more credibility to their claims. I hope such a test
    occurs soon.

    The statement "Booker believes that commercialization could lead more
    independent laboratories to validate BlackLight's claims" seems to be
    putting the cart before the horse .. wouldn't independent lab testing
    drive commercialization, not the other way around? Further, has ANY
    independent lab done testing? I am not aware of any at this time.

    --
    "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, you'd think rich people
    would have kept it all for themselves" - Lane Kirkland