HP told us they haven't updated the scan software for my old All-In-
One so I was forced to get a new HP All-In-One device for my new Mac.
Installed HP software, connected with USB cord. Then the HP Setup
Assistant quickly stalled out. Here is a picture of the dead end it
gave me:
http://www.clowder.net/hop/HP.png
It asked me to choose a printer but no printer choices were offered
and the Next button was greyed.

So I quit the Setup Assistant. The machine prints OK but I didn't
really need a printer. But attempting to scan from Photoshop crashes
Photoshop. I do need a scanner.

Is there a way to salvage this expensive paperweight (HP Photosmart
C5180 All-in-one)?

Thanks in advance,

Hop