Photosmart C7180 Negative Scanning Question - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Photosmart C7180 Negative Scanning Question - Hewlett Packard ; So far I am pretty happy with my new Photosmart C7180 all-in-one, but I am frustrated by the negative scanning feature. I have not been able to figure out the following functions: how to select individual negatives to scan (the ...

  1. Photosmart C7180 Negative Scanning Question

    So far I am pretty happy with my new Photosmart C7180 all-in-one, but
    I am frustrated by the negative scanning feature.

    I have not been able to figure out the following functions: how to
    select individual negatives to scan (the unit insists on scanning an
    entire negative strip); how to preview the scan; how to make
    adjustments in the pre-scan; how to specify destination of photo.

    I haven't had any luck scanning negatives via TWAIN, either. I have
    only been able to scan using the all-in-one's control panel. But I
    wouldn't mind this if I could fix the other problems.

    I haven't had any of these issues with scanning prints, which seems
    much more straightforward, and I haven't tried the slide scanner yet.

    -Joanne

  2. Re: Photosmart C7180 Negative Scanning Question

    >So far I am pretty happy with my new Photosmart C7180 all-in-one, but
    >I am frustrated by the negative scanning feature.
    >
    >I have not been able to figure out the following functions: how to
    >select individual negatives to scan (the unit insists on scanning an
    >entire negative strip); how to preview the scan; how to make
    >adjustments in the pre-scan; how to specify destination of photo.
    >
    >I haven't had any luck scanning negatives via TWAIN, either. I have
    >only been able to scan using the all-in-one's control panel. But I
    >wouldn't mind this if I could fix the other problems.
    >
    >I haven't had any of these issues with scanning prints, which seems
    >much more straightforward, and I haven't tried the slide scanner yet.

    Forgot to mention I'm on Windows XP.