Re: OT: Oil prices, and is it a conspiracy of sorts? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: OT: Oil prices, and is it a conspiracy of sorts? - Hewlett Packard ; Actually 1-2% or world production can end up being a lot. If we see 1-2% in 10 different places, that is 10-20% of world supply. That can have a big effect on the world price. On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 ...

  1. Re: OT: Oil prices, and is it a conspiracy of sorts?

    Actually 1-2% or world production can end up being a lot.
    If we see 1-2% in 10 different places, that is 10-20% of world
    supply. That can have a big effect on the world price.

    wrote:
    >> I have done some further research and it seems that the congressional
    >> moratorium on offshore drilling off the coast of California expires this
    >> September 30th. Also, because the oil platforms are already there on site,
    >> it would seem that oil could flow from there within a year. This could have
    >> a major near-term effect on oil prices.

    >How much production are people thinking would come out of that patch
    >in the near future? Surely it can't be more than 1-2% of world
    >production. I don't think you'll see anybody in the oil pricing
    >business react to something so minor.
    >
    >>--

    >"If hard work were such a wonderful thing, you'd think rich people
    >would have kept it all for themselves" - Lane Kirkland

  2. Re: OT: Oil prices, and is it a conspiracy of sorts?

    Here is a link to Marketwatch.com -

    It shows two charts, the top one is price of oil, the bottom is the volume.

    http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quo...U&sid=2228932&
    dist=TQP_chart_date&freq=1&time=9

    So my friends, why so much buying and selling of such a limited commodity
    over and over again driving the volume, and the price, through the roof?

    mc

    Mike Church

    wrote:
    >> I have done some further research and it seems that the congressional
    >> moratorium on offshore drilling off the coast of California expires this
    >> September 30th. Also, because the oil platforms are already there on

    site,
    >> it would seem that oil could flow from there within a year. This could

    have
    >> a major near-term effect on oil prices.

    >How much production are people thinking would come out of that patch
    >in the near future? Surely it can't be more than 1-2% of world
    >production. I don't think you'll see anybody in the oil pricing
    >business react to something so minor.
    >
    >>--

    >"If hard work were such a wonderful thing, you'd think rich people
    >would have kept it all for themselves" - Lane Kirkland

  3. Re: OT: Oil prices, and is it a conspiracy of sorts?

    Good question. That's why I think drilling off the coast of Kalifornia is a
    great idea; since that state consumes more gas than any other COUNTRY on
    Earth except the USA, I would think keeping it close would save a LOT of
    hassle and costs.

    Denys

    wrote:
    >> I have done some further research and it seems that the congressional
    >> moratorium on offshore drilling off the coast of California expires this
    >> September 30th. Also, because the oil platforms are already there on

    site,
    >> it would seem that oil could flow from there within a year. This could

    have
    >> a major near-term effect on oil prices.

    >How much production are people thinking would come out of that patch
    >in the near future? Surely it can't be more than 1-2% of world
    >production. I don't think you'll see anybody in the oil pricing
    >business react to something so minor.
    >
    >>--

    >"If hard work were such a wonderful thing, you'd think rich people
    >would have kept it all for themselves" - Lane Kirkland

    6:55 AM