Convert - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Convert - Hewlett Packard ; In there an easy way, on the 50g, to convert a decimal angle into hours and vice versa? For example I have 16,69231389, which converted yields 16h41m32s. Daniel....

  1. Convert

    In there an easy way, on the 50g, to convert a decimal angle into
    hours and vice versa?

    For example I have 16,69231389, which converted yields 16h41m32s.

    Daniel.

  2. Re: Convert

    On Jul 22, 6:38*pm, Daniel Vianna
    wrote:
    > In there an easy way, on the 50g, to convert a decimal angle into
    > hours and vice versa?
    >
    > For example I have 16,69231389, which converted yields 16h41m32s.
    >
    > Daniel.

    Use the \->HMS command, under the TIME menu.

    16.69231389 \->HMS

    returns 16.4132330004, which is the 50g's awkward way of representing
    16h41m32.330004s.

    S.C.

  3. Re: Convert

    In article
    <4877da99-1a66-4c66-bba6-58eeece1e0f9@m45g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
    sc_usenet@hotmail.com wrote:

    > On Jul 22, 6:38*pm, Daniel Vianna
    > wrote:
    > > In there an easy way, on the 50g, to convert a decimal angle into
    > > hours and vice versa?
    > >
    > > For example I have 16,69231389, which converted yields 16h41m32s.
    > >
    > > Daniel.

    > Use the \->HMS command, under the TIME menu.
    >
    > 16.69231389 \->HMS
    >
    > returns 16.4132330004, which is the 50g's awkward way of representing
    > 16h41m32.330004s.
    >
    > S.C.

    Denoting integral digits by upper case and fractional digits by lower
    case,

    The HMS\-> command converts HH.hhhhhhhhhh to HH.MMSSssss and
    \->HMS converts HH.MMSSssss back to HH.hhhhhhhhhh, although there are
    sometimes minor roundoff errors in combining them, i,e,. the original is
    not quite restored by the two operations in sequence.

+ Reply to Thread