Re: OT: Oil prices, and is it a conspiracy of sorts? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: OT: Oil prices, and is it a conspiracy of sorts? - Hewlett Packard ; I would like to hear from someone on what it takes to start up an oil well that has been shut down. On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 07:28:01 -0500, Denys Beauchemin wrote: >I have done some further research and it ...

  1. Re: OT: Oil prices, and is it a conspiracy of sorts?

    wrote:

    >I have done some further research and it seems that the congressional
    >moratorium on offshore drilling off the coast of California expires this
    >September 30th. Also, because the oil platforms are already there on site,
    >it would seem that oil could flow from there within a year. This could have
    >a major near-term effect on oil prices.
    >
    >Let's see what happens in Congress over the next 2 months. BTW, this isthe
    >lowest rated congress, ever. I think that's a fitting accomplishment for
    >Ms. Pelosi and before she calls somebody a failure, she had better look in a
    >mirror, this way she doesn't have far to look for failure.
    >
    >Denys

    Behalf
    >Of Ray Shahan
    >Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 8:48 AM
    >To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
    >Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] OT: Oil prices, and is it a conspiracy of sorts?
    >
    >LOL, I'm so embarrassed!!!

  2. Re: OT: Oil prices, and is it a conspiracy of sorts?

    There's been discussion of that around here (Houston), as many old,
    so-called 'stripper' wells, or wells that
    may produce <10 barrels a day, were shut-in several years ago. Once
    shut-in, most times the well has
    to be re-drilled in order to get it to produce again and the return on
    the investment to do this is usually better
    served by drilling wells in more productive zones.

    http://stripperwells.com/

    In Texas, when wells stop producing, the state requires they be
    shut-in....which happened to a lot of these
    low-volumn stripper wells in older fields.