Old, Old topic - PROTOS - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Old, Old topic - PROTOS - Hewlett Packard ; In the ancient past, I worked with a very super package called PROTOS for the HP3000. Is it still available ? I have not worked with it for 12 years. I used to work for a place named GTE / ...

  1. Old, Old topic - PROTOS

    In the ancient past, I worked with a very super package called PROTOS for the HP3000. Is it still available ? I have not worked with it for 12 years. I used to work for a place named GTE / Sylvania, which became OSRAM / Sylvania in Seymour, IN that had it.
    Wyell Grunwald

  2. Re: Old, Old topic - PROTOS

    Hi Wyell
    Check the archives... I know we have posted about PROTOS in the not
    to distant past...

    I used it back in the late 80's on a Series 70 and a 925(?) at
    Evergreen Aviation..

    Thanks,
    Art
    Art Bahrs, CISSP
    Security Engineer
    Providence Health & Services
    Arthur.Bahrs@Providence.org
    Phone: 503-216-2722

    In the ancient past, I worked with a very super package called PROTOS
    for the HP3000. Is it still available ? I have not worked with it for
    12 years. I used to work for a place named GTE / Sylvania, which became
    OSRAM / Sylvania in Seymour, IN that had it.
    Wyell Grunwald

    DISCLAIMER:

  3. Re: Old, Old topic - PROTOS

    In a past life I used an average product called PROTOS in the basement
    of the Royal Saudi Air Force. It generated COBOL and VIEW formspec code
    (I think, it has been a while).

    I remember the Saudi officer would call up and threaten the Protos
    software company if they did not renew the software at a low price.
    Arab officer negotiating was always a treat. Back then oil was cheap.

    To his disappointment Protos would hang up on him. I wonder what
    happened to all that code, if it ever got rewritten.

    No idea what happened to Protos.

    Kent Wallace

    Kent Wallace - Business Intelligence Developer
    Healthcare Management Administrators Inc
    Phone - 425-289-5267