Re: OT: Oil prices, and is it a conspiracy of sorts? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: OT: Oil prices, and is it a conspiracy of sorts? - Hewlett Packard ; LOL, I'm so embarrassed!!! -----Original Message----- From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On Behalf Of James B. Byrne Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 4:34 PM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] OT: Oil prices, and is it a conspiracy of sorts? On ...

  1. Re: OT: Oil prices, and is it a conspiracy of sorts?

    LOL, I'm so embarrassed!!!

    -----Original Message-----
    From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On
    Behalf Of James B. Byrne
    Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 4:34 PM
    To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
    Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] OT: Oil prices, and is it a conspiracy of sorts?

    On Fri, July 18, 2008 17:10, Ray Shahan wrote:

    > "An American President once said, perhaps more wisely than he knew,

    that
    > the only thing we need fear, is fear itself."
    >
    > I think Winston Churchill, an Englishman, said that...in England.
    > Nonetheless, the quote still serves its purpose in you reply. 8-)

    " ... This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and
    will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the
    only
    thing we have to fear is fear itself - nameless, unreasoning,
    unjustified
    terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.
    In
    every dark hour of our national life a leadership of frankness and vigor
    has met with that understanding and support of the people themselves
    which
    is essential to victory. I am convinced that you will again give that
    support to leadership in these critical days."

    Franklin Delano Roosevelt, inaugural address, March 4, 1933.

    Regards,

    --
    *** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
    9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241

  2. OT: Oil prices, and is it a conspiracy of sorts?

    I have done some further research and it seems that the congressional
    moratorium on offshore drilling off the coast of California expires this
    September 30th. Also, because the oil platforms are already there on site,
    it would seem that oil could flow from there within a year. This could have
    a major near-term effect on oil prices.

    Let's see what happens in Congress over the next 2 months. BTW, this is the
    lowest rated congress, ever. I think that's a fitting accomplishment for
    Ms. Pelosi and before she calls somebody a failure, she had better look in a
    mirror, this way she doesn't have far to look for failure.

    Denys

    On Fri, July 18, 2008 17:10, Ray Shahan wrote:

    > "An American President once said, perhaps more wisely than he knew,

    that
    > the only thing we need fear, is fear itself."
    >
    > I think Winston Churchill, an Englishman, said that...in England.
    > Nonetheless, the quote still serves its purpose in you reply. 8-)

    " ... This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and
    will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the
    only
    thing we have to fear is fear itself - nameless, unreasoning,
    unjustified
    terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.
    In
    every dark hour of our national life a leadership of frankness and vigor
    has met with that understanding and support of the people themselves
    which
    is essential to victory. I am convinced that you will again give that
    support to leadership in these critical days."

    Franklin Delano Roosevelt, inaugural address, March 4, 1933.

    Regards,

    --
    *** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
    9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241
    Hamilton, Ontario fax: +1 905 561 0757
    Canada L8E 3C3

    Internal Virus Database is out of date.
    9:56 AM

  3. Re: OT: Oil prices, and is it a conspiracy of sorts?

    On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 7:28 AM, Denys Beauchemin wrote:
    > I have done some further research and it seems that the congressional
    > moratorium on offshore drilling off the coast of California expires this
    > September 30th. Also, because the oil platforms are already there on site,
    > it would seem that oil could flow from there within a year. This could have
    > a major near-term effect on oil prices.

    How much production are people thinking would come out of that patch
    in the near future? Surely it can't be more than 1-2% of world
    production. I don't think you'll see anybody in the oil pricing
    business react to something so minor.

    >--

    "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, you'd think rich people
    would have kept it all for themselves" - Lane Kirkland