Hp fax manager - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Hp fax manager - Hewlett Packard ; I have a hp officejet j6480 on my network. My wife and I both use Vista. She can fax directly from her pc. I cannot. I get the following error message Cannot create DIHPAiOFaxManager Object. It is in a window ...

  1. Hp fax manager

    I have a hp officejet j6480 on my network. My wife and I both use Vista.
    She can fax directly from her pc. I cannot. I get the following error
    message Cannot create DIHPAiOFaxManager Object. It is in a window from
    the file hposfx08. I had another hp machine the 6310 which gave me the
    same exact error message. Can anyone advise how to fix this. Ive
    narrowed it down I believe to a Vista home issue

  2. Re: Hp fax manager

    And the version of Vista on your wife's PC is??? ... Ben Myers

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 13:02:10 -0500, mike0856
    wrote:

    >I have a hp officejet j6480 on my network. My wife and I both use Vista.
    >She can fax directly from her pc. I cannot. I get the following error
    >message Cannot create DIHPAiOFaxManager Object. It is in a window from
    >the file hposfx08. I had another hp machine the 6310 which gave me the
    >same exact error message. Can anyone advise how to fix this. Ive
    >narrowed it down I believe to a Vista home issue

  3. Re: Hp fax manager

    Both pcs use Vista home premium sp1

  4. Re: Hp fax manager

    Beats me. Vista beats me almost every time. Does the HP fax manager for the
    beast support networked use? is this a network problem? HP has long been
    pretty notorious for not allowing sharing easy use of its printers, scanners and
    faxes on a network, especially its budget-priced SOHO-home models. After all,
    who in a home or small office would ever need to share these devices? And if
    sharing was a hard requirement, one could always buy a more expensive model.

    Of course, that was before Windows 2000 and XP made sharing easier... Ben Myers

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:17:32 -0500, mike0856
    wrote:

    >Both pcs use Vista home premium sp1

+ Reply to Thread