82240B Printer Emulation for Windows, Linux, and Possibly Mac - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on 82240B Printer Emulation for Windows, Linux, and Possibly Mac - Hewlett Packard ; Abstract This article will document how to use your desktop as a 82240B printer with text and graphic support. Examples include: 1. Physical 48GX/50g connected to Windows XP and Linux. 2. Virtual 48GX/50g EMU48/Windows XP Printing. 3. Virtual 48GX x48/Linux ...

  1. 82240B Printer Emulation for Windows, Linux, and Possibly Mac

    Abstract

    This article will document how to use your desktop as a 82240B printer
    with text and graphic support. Examples include:

    1. Physical 48GX/50g connected to Windows XP and Linux.
    2. Virtual 48GX/50g EMU48/Windows XP Printing.
    3. Virtual 48GX x48/Linux Printing.

    The freely available DOSBox and Jarno Peschier's DOS-based 82440B
    Emulator will be leveraged to provide this functionality.

    http://sense.net/~egan/virtual82240b/

  2. Re: 82240B Printer Emulation for Windows, Linux, and Possibly Mac

    On Jul 19, 4:08*pm, "dataj...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > Abstract
    >
    > This article will document how to use your desktop as a 82240B printer
    > with text and graphic support. *Examples include:
    >
    > * *1. Physical 48GX/50g connected to Windows XP and Linux.
    > * *2. Virtual 48GX/50g EMU48/Windows XP Printing.
    > * *3. Virtual 48GX x48/Linux Printing.
    >
    > The freely available DOSBox and Jarno Peschier's DOS-based 82440B
    > Emulator will be leveraged to provide this functionality.
    >
    > http://sense.net/~egan/virtual82240b/

    I'd like to thank your for this. I've been meaning to figure this out
    by myself, but just hadn't ever gotten around to it. I'd also like to
    report that a similar setup works with dosemu, and with the USB
    connection on Linux.

  3. Re: 82240B Printer Emulation for Windows, Linux, and Possibly Mac

    On Jul 19, 11:08*pm, bazfum wrote:
    > On Jul 19, 4:08*pm, "dataj...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > I'd like to thank your for this. I've been meaning to figure this out
    > by myself, but just hadn't ever gotten around to it.

    You are welcome.

    > I'd also like to
    > report that a similar setup works with dosemu, and with the USB
    > connection on Linux.

    Oops, I forgot to state that. I've update my article to state that
    Linux/50g users have the option to use USB as a serial port.

+ Reply to Thread