From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On
Behalf Of Craig Lalley
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 11:56 AM
To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] How I learned to stop worrying and love the
RDBMS

--- On Fri, 7/18/08, Charles Finley wrote:

> Would you care to
> expand on what "path of least resistance"
> means in your post please?

Part of the path is convincing management, and that means getting cost
approval. While large companies can absorb the cost of Oracle, most
small to medium business would choke at the cost.

Eloquence is much more cost effective and provides 80% of the
capabilities.

Yes, MySQL or others are "free", but again it is necessary to convince
management that it is the best approach.

-Craig