From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On Behalf
Of Shawn Gordon
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 8:44 PM
To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] OT: How I learned to stop worrying and love the
RDBMS

Denys, I tend to use MySQL mostly because my data requirements are
typically modest for what I do for myself or most of my clients (tens
of thousands of records), but I did spend a fair bit of time with
PostgreSQL some years ago and was very amazed at how well it scaled,
even in direct competition with Oracle. I was wondering if you'd
ever spent time comparing the two.

PM