Worry free sw is royal pain - any ideas ? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Worry free sw is royal pain - any ideas ? - Hewlett Packard ; ANY advice appreciated.Customer bought 3 of these to replace older PC's as folks go on vacation this summer. : http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en...5-3747465.html They come with " HP network " software: www.hp.com/go/worryfree , that is totally not needed at this user's site. I ...

  1. Worry free sw is royal pain - any ideas ?

    ANY advice appreciated.Customer bought 3 of these to replace older PC's as
    folks go on vacation this summer. :
    http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en...5-3747465.html

    They come with " HP network " software:
    www.hp.com/go/worryfree ,
    that is totally not needed at this user's site.
    I saw all of these SQL items listed in system event log ... over and over
    and over and wondering " why does this box have SQL ? " , then noticed
    that it's related to this HP stuff.
    I tried control panel - hoping for a CONFIG or CHANGE option to turn each
    off, but that's not an option. Only uninstall - which biz owner doesn't
    want to do - Yet.

    Is there a way to NOT have all of this SQL/HP specific stuff running on
    these models ?
    Is it a matter of reg hacks or is there some app at HP that can disable it
    all ?
    Box came with no paperwork about it - just a readme file that shows how to
    USE it - not disable it. Irritating pop-ups in systray that " this isn't
    configured yet" and " click here to register" , yada yada yada... When I
    clicked it , it wants me to REGISTER with the domain server. The dell
    server doesn't know about this HP sw. It's a small shop and no one there
    would even notice if server logs errors.

    The sw is designed for a domain with remote sites so admin's can monitor/
    control pc remotely etc. HP icon in systray for every account and can't
    turn it off ( via HP menus)
    When I log on as "Admin" account, there are popups in systray for :
    - Protect Tools
    - Encryption manager
    - Client Mgr
    - Intel vPro
    etc

    Back to HP site/ Google - to see if any pointers.
    ANY advice/ info appreciated.

  2. Re: HP Protect Tools V3.0 sw is royal pain - any ideas ?

    Sorry - for his model I see name of sw package is:

    " HP Protect Tools V3.0 " as shown here:
    http://www.hp.com/sbso/solutions/pc_...ools_index.swf

    "- Bobb -" wrote in message
    > ANY advice appreciated.Customer bought 3 of these to replace older PC's
    > as folks go on vacation this summer. :
    > http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en...5-3747465.html
    >
    > They come with " HP network " software:
    > www.hp.com/go/worryfree ,
    > that is totally not needed at this user's site.
    > I saw all of these SQL items listed in system event log ... over and
    > over and over and wondering " why does this box have SQL ? " , then
    > noticed that it's related to this HP stuff.
    > I tried control panel - hoping for a CONFIG or CHANGE option to turn
    > each off, but that's not an option. Only uninstall - which biz owner
    > doesn't want to do - Yet.
    >
    > Is there a way to NOT have all of this SQL/HP specific stuff running on
    > these models ?
    > Is it a matter of reg hacks or is there some app at HP that can disable
    > it all ?
    > Box came with no paperwork about it - just a readme file that shows how
    > to USE it - not disable it. Irritating pop-ups in systray that " this
    > isn't configured yet" and " click here to register" , yada yada
    > yada... When I clicked it , it wants me to REGISTER with the domain
    > server. The dell server doesn't know about this HP sw. It's a small shop
    > and no one there would even notice if server logs errors.
    >
    > The sw is designed for a domain with remote sites so admin's can
    > monitor/ control pc remotely etc. HP icon in systray for every
    > account and can't turn it off ( via HP menus)
    > When I log on as "Admin" account, there are popups in systray for :
    > - Protect Tools
    > - Encryption manager
    > - Client Mgr
    > - Intel vPro
    > etc
    >
    > Back to HP site/ Google - to see if any pointers.
    > ANY advice/ info appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread