ALLBASE/SQL shared memory lock allocation failed in DBCore. (DBERR 4008) - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on ALLBASE/SQL shared memory lock allocation failed in DBCore. (DBERR 4008) - Hewlett Packard ; Hey Hp3k-ers!, I am trying to setup a dbe for the odbc driver. It worked for the smaller databases such as macusr and macweb. But when I try macord or macitm, it gives me this error. >>set sqldbe macitm >>set ...

  1. ALLBASE/SQL shared memory lock allocation failed in DBCore. (DBERR 4008)

    Hey Hp3k-ers!,

    I am trying to setup a dbe for the odbc driver. It worked for the smaller
    databases such as macusr and macweb. But when I try macord or macitm, it
    gives me this error.

    >>set sqldbe macitm
    >>set turbodb macitm.macsdata.sgaii
    >>attach

    Split 71 compound s ALLBASE/SQL shared memory lock allocation failed in DBCore.
    (DBERR 4008) table/source field name(s) (ATCWARN 32062).
    Mapped 1394 incompatible/imprecise source type(s) (ATCWARN 32061).
    ALLBASE/SQL shared memory lock allocation failed in DBCore. (DBERR 4008)

    I imagine this is a traffic / locked situation or simply because of the
    large size of the db's in question.
    Should I try this again at a really slow hour?
    Is there someway I can unlock the db??

    Thanks,
    Michael

  2. Re: ALLBASE/SQL shared memory lock allocation failed in DBCore. (DBERR 4008)

    Michael,

    This error rings a very old bell!!

    I am assuming that you have not purchased Allbase/SQL and are therefore
    using the restricted version that comes with Image/SQL. If that is the
    case then you can only load 12 Meg of data in the user-defined tables.
    One of the system tables that holds information about the user-defined
    tables is not it's normal size and is soon filled up. I think that you
    will find that this is what you have done.

    There is a way around this that requires ISQL and as user with DBA
    Authority. You need to create a new DBEFILE and attach it to the SYSTEM
    DBEFileSet. Have a read of Chapter 4 of the Database Admin Guide (Part
    No: 36216-90214).

    regards,

    Robert W.Mills
    Business Systems Development Analyst