PC does not recognize HP48gii - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on PC does not recognize HP48gii - Hewlett Packard ; I did a search, but could not find an answer to my problem. Not that it isn't there somewhere! I have a refurbished HP48gii. And in using the Conn4X program the PC cannot find the calculator. Are there particular flag ...

  1. PC does not recognize HP48gii

    I did a search, but could not find an answer to my problem. Not that
    it isn't there somewhere!

    I have a refurbished HP48gii. And in using the Conn4X program the PC
    cannot find the calculator. Are there particular flag settings or
    other settings that need to be set for this to work properly?

    Note also that initially the company (a certified HP calc reseller)
    sent me a USB connector cable instead of the Serial connector cable.
    Thinking that maybe HP changed the PC connector cable type, I tried
    the USB connector cable anyhow. I now have the Serial connector cable
    and still no luck. Could using the USB connector cable have possibly
    damaged to calculator?

    Thank you for any help!

  2. Re: PC does not recognize HP48gii

    On Jul 15, 9:36 pm, jimwebster wrote:
    > I did a search, but could not find an answer to my problem. Not that
    > it isn't there somewhere!
    >
    > I have a refurbished HP48gii. And in using the Conn4X program the PC
    > cannot find the calculator. Are there particular flag settings or
    > other settings that need to be set for this to work properly?
    >
    > Note also that initially the company (a certified HP calc reseller)
    > sent me a USB connector cable instead of the Serial connector cable.
    > Thinking that maybe HP changed the PC connector cable type, I tried
    > the USB connector cable anyhow. I now have the Serial connector cable
    > and still no luck. Could using the USB connector cable have possibly
    > damaged to calculator?
    >
    > Thank you for any help!

    Which OS are you using? Do you start the Xmodem server on the HP48gii?

    I don't think attaching the USB cable could hae damaged the calculator.

  3. Re: PC does not recognize HP48gii

    "jimwebster" wrote in message:
    > I have a refurbished HP48gii.
    > Note also that initially the company (a certified HP calc reseller)
    > sent me a USB connector cable instead of the Serial connector cable.
    > Thinking that maybe HP changed the PC connector cable type, I tried
    > the USB connector cable anyhow. I now have the Serial connector cable
    > and still no luck. Could using the USB connector cable have possibly
    > damaged to calculator?

    There are two different versions of the 48gII. One has three AAA batteries
    and a serial port (that looks like a standard USB port). The other has four
    AAA batteries and both a USB port (that looks like a standard USB port) and
    a serial port (that looks like a non-standard USB port).

    If you have the three battery model, the only cable that will work is the
    serial one. If you have the four battery model, the serial cable will *not*
    work.

    I do not know whether plugging the USB cable into the three-battery model
    could cause any damage. I would expect not, though, so assuming you have
    the right cable, it is likely just a software misconfiguration.

    Regards,

    Eric Rechlin

+ Reply to Thread