Re: Cannot Purge PRIV mode File Problem - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: Cannot Purge PRIV mode File Problem - Hewlett Packard ; At about 1:30 this morning I gave up trying to figure out why my FWRITE was failing with a 45 error code. I shut down my box and went to bed for the night. Got up this morning, fired up ...

  1. Re: Cannot Purge PRIV mode File Problem

    At about 1:30 this morning I gave up trying to figure out why my FWRITE was
    failing with a 45 error code. I shut down my box and went to bed for the night.

    Got up this morning, fired up the box, and went back into the program, checked
    the syntax all over again, it really looked ok to me.

    I ran the program this morning (without recompiling), and ouila(!) the
    FWRITE worked (!) -- no 45 error code, no problem, zero error code. All the
    records
    went into the PRIV mode KSAMXL file without errors.

    I have run the program over and over again many times since this morning
    and it has succeeded every time without errors.

    So I have no idea what the 45 error code was all about....

    Brian.

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 07:13:26 -0500, Denys Beauchemin wrote:

    >Ok, sure. I'll take the blame. Or better yet, blame Global Cooling.
    >
    >So tell me. Did you do a PRIVMODE FOPEN specifying the file code? Also,
    >what is the returned condition code after the GETPRIVMODE here?
    >
    >Denys

  2. Re: Cannot Purge PRIV mode File Problem

    Good for you. My guess is the gremlin left for another system or just the
    fact you logged off and logged back on did something. Privileged mode is
    not something to use lightly. I'm glad you got your PM KSAM file to work.

    BTW, the word is "Voila" or in your case, it could have been "hurrah," or
    maybe "Carramba." Since Lord Obama wants us all to speak other languages, I
    think we should use more non-English terms, more frequently here. So good
    start, Brian.

    Bravo.

    Denys

    PS. Does Java or C count as other languages? What about COBOL, or Latin?

    wrote:

    >Ok, sure. I'll take the blame. Or better yet, blame Global Cooling.
    >
    >So tell me. Did you do a PRIVMODE FOPEN specifying the file code? Also,
    >what is the returned condition code after the GETPRIVMODE here?
    >
    >Denys

    6:49 AM